Right well I've got a pretty big gig in 2 days...and I need to raise my strap so I can solo stood normally and not prop my leg up and balence my Les Paul like Zakk Wylde when he solos...Or should I prop my leg up?...but anyway I'm playing things like Metallica and Trivium solos and riffs...So I currently have my guitar with the bottom of the guitar below my groin and need it high enough to solo and not look like The Beatles trying to be heavy metal =]

Cheers in Adv!!!

-Scum-Bag Carrol-
My Stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson straps
Dunlop straplok
Planet wave cables
Zoom multi effects
Whatever is the most comfortable for you man, looks are not everything, sure you can look cool with it low. But can you nail that solo or chord progession with it low? Try to get a mix.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by Liam4
What, you're asking us how to shorten your strap?
No not how...Did you read it?
My Stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson straps
Dunlop straplok
Planet wave cables
Zoom multi effects
I tend to have mine at waist height or slightly above, may not look uber cool, but what the hell, I play better so who gives a damn
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
The height you play your guitar at is more of a personal thing... If you catch my drift... If you play that low and it's comfortable for you play that low then raise your leg to solo... I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but there's not "standard" height you should and /or shouldn't have your guitar.
Quote by Scum-bag Carrol
No not how...Did you read it?

But you just said that you need your guitar to be high enough to solo with and that was it, there was no question involved. Just raise your guitar high enough so that it is easy to play but not uncomfortable. Is that the sort of response you were looking for?
I think it looks kind of cool if you prop your leg up.
or anything thing you can do is holding the guitar upright like slash usually does in solos
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
yer...TBH...im wearing a slayer shorts and 3/4 to it so idc wat people think of me...ill raise it until i can solo with some difficulty but not too much...thanks for the help but that doesnt mean stop replying!!!
My Stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson straps
Dunlop straplok
Planet wave cables
Zoom multi effects
Set it to wherever you feel comfortable with. Not everyone has the guitar around his ankles, look at Tom Morello for example.
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
That's why advice from Guitar Hero loading screens is crappy.
Also, 20-minute free-form jazz odysseys are awesome.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!