on a acoustic.
ive had my acoustic for a month now and i noticed that when i changed the strings they didnt sound as good as the old ones and then i just gave them about one weeknd they sound super great now, why is this.
I love new strings on an electric more sustain and sounds clearer and more alive, is this just me but, im ganna hate the fact that every time i get a new pair im ganna have to wait a week before they sound good, i think the reason this is, is becouse new strings are to tense and i dont know to rich sounding. anyone else have this personal problem.
I love the twang (technical term) of new acoustic strings.
i guese its just me, i dont like new strings, and i dont like old strings
i like them middle aged, altough ive got to say i would prefer old strings to new ones,
prety weird but thats just me i guese
strings played in for a little bit usually sound better than new strings. played in strings have stretched a bit, so that might be why.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
yeah.... i typically like the way strings sound after 2-3 days better than brand new. it's not just you. it does depend on the strings though for me. what kind of strings are you playing?
I'm not a fan of how new strings sound, I've just changed mine, I like em a few weeks after the change when they've lost that shimmer. I probably wont change em now for at least 6 month. Electric string changes don't bother me though.
yea i love the sound a week after new strings...and what brand are you using? invest in a nice brand. I use d addario phosphor bronze 12 guage. I wouldn't dare touch some cheap 3 dollar brand.
^yah thats what im using, d addario there the mediums tough, i dont like em as much as lights tough. Are martins good, there a diffrent material i think what that sound diffrent.
martins are pretty good. im using D'addario right now just for the sake of trying them out. they die a lot quicker than my Martin SP's but they're still holding their tone quite nicely.

Martin SPs are great sounding strings. you should try them.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
martins are pretty good. im using D'addario right now just for the sake of trying them out. they die a lot quicker than my Martin SP's but they're still holding their tone quite nicely.

Martin SPs are great sounding strings. you should try them.

I use martin strings (have used SP's but currently using lights), I agree they keep their tone for a long time but I find they take a while to break in, I'm thinking of trying d'addario next time, do they break in quicker?