Page 1 of 2
i know im not well known but that doesn't matter. i just want to post my opinion. i am in the United States Army. can someone explain how someone who plays one game a week on television can make millions a year and people like me who fight for our country barely make enough to get by? by the way, i'm still happy with my decision i'm just curious as to why this is.
Slappin' Southpaw of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Founder of the Guitar Militia. Pm me to join
Last edited by Chris_Freeman at May 27, 2008,
so why dont you quit and go on a gameshow?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
because people are shallow and they care more for their own enjoyment than their own freedom because they don't see their freedom being jeopardized in their everyday life but god forbid they go a day without enjoying themselves and watching baseball or football. Therefore theres more demand for the sports and more money to them cuz it sells better.
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN FAPPAGE!!!

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
well life is unfair...I know this...there is no real answer to your question though
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Entertainment makes money.

War causes deficit.

?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Chris_Freeman
i know im not well known but that doesn't matter. i just want to post my opinion. i am in the United States Army. can someone explain how someone who plays one game a week on television can make millions a year and people like me who fight and die for our country barely make enough to get by?

Soldiers aren't entertaining. Soldiers don't generate revenue. Most soldiers don't have a rare or particularly marketable talent. Those are some of the reasons. I'm not saying it's right, but that's why.
Hi, I'm Peter
As much as I appreciate what you're doing, you didn't have to do it.

So if you really don't want to do it, then quit and go to some other job.

Otherwise, it's because millions of Americans aren't entertained by the military during primetime.
Most people forget the fact the reason you can watch these game shows is because of the soldiers.

But im glad you guys are doing what you're doing
What do you mean 'play one game a week on TV'?
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
surely you know all of this...
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Quote by Dirk Gently
Soldiers aren't entertaining. Soldiers don't generate revenue. Most soldiers don't have a rare or particularly marketable talent. Those are some of the reasons. I'm not saying it's right, but that's why.

This
I think he means sports not gameshows.......
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Its very stupid. Theres no justice for fighters like your good self. They kick a ball around a field for 90 minutes (im talking about footy here btw). Theres no appreciation, people just take the armed forces for granted. Some people see you as legends, but others just choose not to see you. Its proper stupid.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by Chris_Freeman
you know what makes me mad?

bluetooth headsets? and getting a bad haircut?
Quote by leonardo.kornuto
You're pretty

ty
I'm in the Air Force they making money off this and not off war unless its some un patriotict movie we join for a reason so don't get mad if some is doing a little better then you walk away with skills know one else has
Quote by SlinkyBlue

War causes deficit.

?

large scale war bolsters economies greatly.

Frankly, i agree with TS greatly. soldiers don't get paid well enough. The only gamer that puts his life on the line while playing a game is the fat middle-aged one.

Soldiers deserve some pay from these "games".
Quote by restless_thrash
large scale war bolsters economies greatly.

Frankly, i agree with TS greatly. soldiers don't get paid well enough. The only gamer that puts his life on the line while playing a game is the fat middle-aged one.

Soldiers deserve some pay from these "games".

Yeah I feel ya.

The Iraq War wasn't a large-scale war we haven't had a full scale war since WWII.

Yeah I agree soldiers need more pay, I mean who wouldn't agree, but also thats just the way things are.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Hey man im in the same boat as you......Im in the Navy and if your enlisted you get paid way to little do deal with too much bull**** amirite.......
Quote by SlinkyBlue

War causes deficit.

?

Not neccessarily.
War is essestial (sp?) to sustain the (US) economy. None of us regular folk are gunna see the benefits of this war or future wars though. The corporate elite, specifically the arms, oil, and pharmaceutical companies, will be banking like mother****ers.

To the TS, I apprieciate what you are doing for our country. I just hate the fact that the military is being used by the spineless paperpushers associated with the aforementioned corporations.
What's worse is the so-called "entertainment" business. It's just a facade to keep you stupidified so you don't ask any important questions.

Don't worry though. If there is an apocalyptic wrath of God just around the corner, the Federal Reserve's fake money will be worthless, and all people will be equal during this time.
That's a little too optomistic, I know.
No one made you join the army, and tbh im not thankful you have joined an army'for national pride' because, lets be honest america is in no state to be proud of.
MASSIVE TEXT
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Yeah I feel ya.

The Iraq War wasn't a large-scale war we haven't had a full scale war since WWII.

Yeah I agree soldiers need more pay, I mean who wouldn't agree, but also thats just the way things are.

The soldiers need more than money. They require more respect and they shouldn't be used as pawns for disgusting and non-altruistic causes.
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']Not neccessarily.
War is essestial (sp?) to sustain the (US) economy. None of us regular folk are gunna see the benefits of this war or future wars though. The corporate elite, specifically the arms, oil, and pharmaceutical companies, will be banking like mother****ers.

To the TS, I apprieciate what you are doing for our country. I just hate the fact that the military is being used by the spineless paperpushers associated with the aforementioned corporations.
What's worse is the so-called "entertainment" business. It's just a facade to keep you stupidified so you don't ask any important questions.

Don't worry though. If there is an apocalyptic wrath of God just around the corner, the Federal Reserve's fake money will be worthless, and all people will be equal during this time.
That's a little too optomistic, I know.

Minus the wrath of god...

+1
They clean me with a brillo pad
A carwash wouldn't be so bad

A carful of points to anyone who knows the reference
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']Ah come on dude, how can you not like the wrath of God?
It's just as great as the love of Satan...?

Easy, I don't believe in either.
Quote by Aramis
Easy, I don't believe in either.

Oh noes!!! Blasphemy!
haha, not really.
I don't have concrete beliefs in either, but some left-hand path religions are intriguing.
Like the Temple of Set. Good stuff.
It's economics. A personality on television accesses to millions of consumers, therefore he/she generates much more revenue.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
doesnt the lottery go towards good causes like school funding and stuff like that ? i dunno how much, but i'm fairly sure its motives arent all bad
yea man soldiers should be payed more

all that happens on these sh!t game shows and such is they have fun spinning a wheel or kicking a ball

while our soldiers are getting blown to peices and fighting to save thousands of innocent people

it doesn't make sense
Quote by neopowell
Killing yourself seems like the only simple solution.
Life is a big piece of **** that you eat every day get used to it and relax
Roberto esponja ..MEROL !!!!!
Join the Canadian Forces
After a few years you'll be rakin in the cash.

But I thought you joined the army to serve and protect your country. Not to get paid.
That's like your favorite band "selling out"....
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Page 1 of 2