Page 1 of 2
I know there was another apprentice thread ages ago, but it never got going. so lets try again.

another week another solid performance from lee. not that i'm suprised. i've been rooting for him from the start, nice to see a proper bloke in there. i worried when i saw his reverse teradactyol impression in the interview.i recon he's fine though, as on the clips they had sir alan saying "you can't ignore the last 10 weeks" and lees got the best record of everyone whos left.

tough call between helene and micheal but i recon she'll pull it out next week, maybe survive another task.

also, interesting choice of teams. put lucinda in with alex and lee again, maybe sir alan was trying to put the best team possible against micheal to get him out.

discuss ?

Last edited by Def at May 27, 2008,
Sofracles had to go this time, but Helaine hasn't got a chance of winning anyway.Final 3 will be Lee, Alex and Claire.

Really looking forward to next week as the interview round always turns up a few secrets and personality flaws eg the snippet of Lee doing his crazy bird impression in front of one of the interviewers
Good show
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
Quote by Meatball200
Really looking forward to next week as the interview round always turns up a few secrets and personality flaws eg the snippet of Lee doing his crazy bird impression in front of one of the interviewers

lee'll be alrite. you can sort of tell from the video at the end of the current episode. lee's had a great last 10 weeks. so isnt him. maybe claire. she seems very devious specially after her treatment of simon. and they had the interviewer saying about the person who would lie and cheat to win. lee's the only one with an ounce of real momentum about him, so i think they'll let the bird impressions slide, it's just how the guy operates. i do the same in similar situations
Lee looks a really good salesman, but I don't like the guy after seeing how he picked on Sara a few weeks back, and how he is with Lucinda recently. Claire is the only one worthy of winning this now, though anything could happen after Sugar got rid of Simon, Shazia and Raef.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by Def
lee'll be alrite. you can sort of tell from the video at the end of the current episode. lee's had a great last 10 weeks. so isnt him. maybe claire. she seems very devious specially after her treatment of simon. and they had the interviewer saying about the person who would lie and cheat to win. lee's the only one with an ounce of real momentum about him, so i think they'll let the bird impressions slide, it's just how the guy operates. i do the same in similar situations

Yeah I think you're right actually. You get a lot of clues through the editing throughout the program anyway, Raef's downfall was well documented last week and there were the clips of Michael falling asleep in today's episode.
I don't like Lee, there's something about him... Alex seems okay, though. But that's probably cos he's hot. I like Lucinda, too.

I've never seen a full episode of The Apprentice, I tend to catch bits and pieces of it. Always glad to see the boardroom segments, though. You're fired!
Terrible, terrible show.

*Meths leaves*
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Def
i felt he was more laying down a hard line with sara. maybe he should be been more tactful with her, i'd like so see the whole clip unedited, cause she might have provoked a few comments. i did feel like bullying from the rest of them though. maybe lee should have left it , dunno. she wasnt good enough to stay though.

hame about simon though, you dont find many good hard grafters in buisness, though i dont think he was a buisnessman. lucindas not copeing very well at all, she went out and tried today, shame it didnt work out. it was slack to leave her alone, but on the other hand, they raked in the sales. i dunno what she can do to make herself get taken more seriously.

Change her dress sense?

Anyway, Claire or Alex to win. Lee's good, but i don't see Sir Alan hiring him for some reason. I thought Helene was gone tonight, but lucky for her Michael was on form and crap like the past few weeks.
It's gonna be a blue day
i felt he was more laying down a hard line with sara. maybe he should be been more tactful with her, i'd like so see the whole clip unedited, cause she might have provoked a few comments. i did feel like bullying from the rest of them though. maybe lee should have left it , dunno. she wasnt good enough to stay though.

hame about simon though, you dont find many good hard grafters in buisness, though i dont think he was a buisnessman. lucindas not copeing very well at all, she went out and tried today, shame it didnt work out. it was slack to leave her alone, but on the other hand, they raked in the sales. i dunno what she can do to make herself get taken more seriously.
Quote by Def

Maybe Sara did provoke them a bit - like you say, it's hard to tell from the little bits they show us - but Lee had no right getting at her like that, he wasn't even on her team IIRC. He seemed alright at first, then seeing that totally changed my opinion of him.
Sara did have to go though. I really liked her but she didn't seem like she was very good at anything - a bit like Lucinda really.

And absolutely no way should Simon have gone that early. Alan's got it wrong so many times this season I'm starting to wonder if he's keeping certain people to make for better TV, rather than who's best for the job.

Quote by Meths
Terrible, terrible show.

*Meths leaves*

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
i dunno what sir alan thinks of lee. he's steered clear of the boardroom, or having to say much. sir alans not said anything bad to him yet, an he liked the "atisho" but i can see another shock hiring from him. also i dont imagine the two of them getting along. i mean, he liked micheal, and lee's fairly different character. i can't envision the two getting along.
i don't think alex would be a good character to work with though, he seems hard to negotiate with, and lucinda doesnt see very suited to big buisness. claire looks a good bet really, i think sir alans softened to her, though she's been rubish on a fair few tasks
Quote by perry589
Change her dress sense?

Anyway, Claire or Alex to win. Lee's good, but i don't see Sir Alan hiring him for some reason. I thought Helene was gone tonight, but lucky for her Michael was on form and crap like the past few weeks.

At leat she seems to have stopped wearing those beret's all the time.
Lucinda's great, but she hasn't the slightest chance of winning. She didn't even know what car she was selling tonight.

Claire is the best one left. And she has a chance now she's keeping her mouth shut (well a bit).

Alex looks good arguing in the boardroom, but pretty useless on most of the tasks. Although he was brilliant flogging the cars.

Quote by Kumanji
Why was Raef was fired? Why? If Alan had fired Sophocles last week then he could have fired Helene this week. How either Michael or Helene got this far is beyond me. Final will be between Lee and Claire.
Quote by tom_ledzep
Without Raef the whole show is just ruined. God that guy's a legend.

Here, here

Half Iago, half Fu Manchu, all bastard.
^ With his hair like that, his face and hair are shaped a bit like a conehead.
It's gonna be a blue day
ye, its a shame there arent many good pics of the contestants online. raefs hair is usually alot more legendary than that. a kid at my school has already gone and got himself a haircut in that style. apparently the ladies think his hairs awesome. looks soft
Don't worry, Helene definitely doesn't win. Not like anybody thought she would. A woman who works with my mum used to be in her team in her old job. She got a boob job to get on the apprentice, why on earth would you do that? Sir Alan- 'Well you can't do anything at all, but I like your clevage so you get the job Helene'. I mean, really.
In the end I think it'll be between Alex and Claire to win, and in the end I hope it's Claire.
Raef was god, no one else is worthy of winning, Lee is amusing and Alex isn't bad but no one actually stands out
Quote by Lorenp
Don't worry, Helene definitely doesn't win. Not like anybody thought she would. A woman who works with my mum used to be in her team in her old job. She got a boob job to get on the apprentice, why on earth would you do that? Sir Alan- 'Well you can't do anything at all, but I like your clevage so you get the job Helene'. I mean, really.
In the end I think it'll be between Alex and Claire to win, and in the end I hope it's Claire.

Urghh. She's butt-ugly anyway, I don't think a boob job is going to make much difference.
Raef was god
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
phew, Lee's safe again this week. that boardroom was intense though. i'm glad sir alan shot down the thing on lee's university time, though i'm guessing he went on about it in the boardroom cause there wasnt much else to say to him. lucinda was the clear choice to go though. i'm worry about lee next week, where it looks like he's cracking, what u guys think on this all ?
Such a frustrating series.

In the past, the winner of the show has gone on to lead a new venture that SAS is starting up. If this year is going to be the same, then you need characters who can lead a team succesfully to be in the final. Lucinda was the only manager. She identified people's strengths and built teams accordingly.

Helene is the only one left with an iota of business sense. Both of them are written off, however, because there is a misguided belief that sales = business. The winner will not be going door-to-door trying to sell laundry services, but instead will have a team who will liaise on a corporate level. It is therefore necessary to have someone who is well-rounded and understands dynamics of the workplace. They will have their weaknesses; that is what makes them an apprentice.

Alex, the backstabber, and Claire, the gobsh*te, have absolutely no business acumen whatsoever, and would be absolutely useless if they won. They can sell, but both have prove to be lousy leaders, and they would fail to inspire any team that they led.

Lee's heart is in the right place, and his energy seems boundless, but he has a temperament which could become a problem. I felt sorry for him over the university thing, though. He is obviously insecure about his educational shortcomings, and clearly didn't want to miss out during the application process because of this.

If someone has to win, than I'd rather it was Lee or Helene, though I feel I'd enoy it much more if no-one got the job!
Its High Time For A Walk On The Real Side, Lets Admit The Bastard's Beat Us!
Lee ftw.
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
Quote by Def
phew, Lee's safe again this week. that boardroom was intense though. i'm glad sir alan shot down the thing on lee's university time, though i'm guessing he went on about it in the boardroom cause there wasnt much else to say to him. lucinda was the clear choice to go though. i'm worry about lee next week, where it looks like he's cracking, what u guys think on this all ?
there is no way lee will win now mate, unforetunately

if lee and claire win the task, claire will win the show
if alex and helene win the task, alex will (probably) win the show

i think this suggests that alan likes claire and alex the most
imagine if he was lumbered with helene and lee (although i do like the guy)
Anyone watch You're Fired last night? At first I thought the comedian wasn't going to be funny at all after seeing him on Mock The Week, but he turned out to be ****ing hilarious, especially talking about Alex

"English, brackets, fluent. What sort of idiot puts that on their CV? What else could it be, broken English? 'Hello, my name is, I can. Count all the way to, 24!'"
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
damm, only an hour to go. i'll be gettin some jitters soon. i've been told theres a big twist, not a clue what it could be though. maybe he'll hire two ? or no one at all ? i worried when i saw the teams have to use the old candidates because there's a fair amount of tossers in there. you might want raef, but the rest have been showed to be pretty damm useless. should be interesting, should be good
Tough final this year, but I want either Alex or Lee to win it.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
I haven't heard of any twist, so I can't imagine what it'll be.

Hopefully this one will go to Claire. As long as Lee doesn't win I'll be happy enough with the result.

Quote by Kumanji
Quote by Vince Noir
I haven't heard of any twist, so I can't imagine what it'll be.

Hopefully this one will go to Claire. As long as Lee doesn't win I'll be happy enough with the result.

Claire, that loudmouthed, obnoxious, talentless bitch who really should have gone weeks ago? And you want her to win?
Page 1 of 2