Ever been in a just horrible guitar store. Or a store with a really bad manager. There is this place near me called Saratoga Guitar (New York). The guy who runs it is a real dickhead. Atleast the guy who use to run, idk if he is still there. This guy was just bad news. Anyways I was in there the other day, my mom was in the library and I decided to walk up while I waited. So I was playing a Gibson V knock-off that wasn't great through a, don't hold your breath, marshall mg!!!!!! I wasn't playing incredible shred licks but it wasn't bad by a stretch. Please don't get me wrong I'm not a bigheaded player but I know when something isn't pleasant to here. So I run through some chords, a couple scales, just noodling. Mid strum a dude, probably about 16-17, comes over and takes the guitar and says, "Ok, that's enough" and hangs it up on the wall. Then looks at me and says, "pick?" and I give it to him. I took it with a grain of salt and walked out. I was running through my head trying to think of something I did wrong, something I played, if I was knocking into anything, playing to loud. Nothing. I was playing at a very conservative volume, I really have no idea what his deal was. I guess being a dick runs all throughout the store.

So that's my rant. Not looking to start threads like "LAWLZ I PWNED THIS 5 Y/O AND MADE HIM CRY ROFLROFLROFL" Why can't people just run a respectable business. This store is also a ripoff.
If the guy thought you werent going to buy anything, then its fair enough he tells you to get lost
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
thats why i go to Guitar Center. Then you deal with dickhead customers but then you can give them evil looks and show them up sometimes. or if its a little kid, i just unplug them!
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Are you 5?
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Dude do you have a problem with what ive done to you????

just kidding.. well that guy has a problem maybe he was just pissed cause he knew you wouldnt buy that guitar or anything else.
Quote by Snapple
If the guy thought you werent going to buy anything, then its fair enough he tells you to get lost

But it's not good business. Think about it, if you walked into a store, was sitting not doing anything wrong and the manager comes and takes guitar for no apparent reason and is a dick about it, are you going to go buy a guitar there? Doubt it. If he respectfully says, "Only potential buyers are permitted to play the guitars, sorry sir, may I have that back?" Then your still gonna be bummed but your not going to be pissed at the guy/store/company and never buy from there again.
you didn't play stairway did you?
giggidy-gigidy-giggidy-giggidy

stage setup:
heavily modded yamaha
modded strat
fernandes- no name

carvin 100 head through marshall cab
Quote by edusty2010
But it's not good business. Think about it, if you walked into a store, was sitting not doing anything wrong and the manager comes and takes guitar for no apparent reason and is a dick about it, are you going to go buy a guitar there? Doubt it. If he respectfully says, "Only potential buyers are permitted to play the guitars, sorry sir, may I have that back?" Then your still gonna be bummed but your not going to be pissed at the guy/store/company and never buy from there again.

good point well made.
its up to the manager and people working there to decide whether its worth it or not, at the end of the day the store owns all the guitars, wheelkickers would piss me off tbh, your just wasting my time
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
he may have been valid in taking it off you, but it sounds like he went the wrong way about it

there are 2 guitar shops in my town (nuneaton, uk)
in one, if you ask to see the picks (they keep them under the counter) the guy just outright says no...
in the other, the owner keeps trying to tell me that a £300 tokai les paul is better than a PRS singlecut 245

I end up buying all of my accessories from the net and if I want a new guitar, I hop on a train to birmingham (hour or so away) so I can get some decent service

I hate dickhead shopkeepers
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by edusty2010

it's bad business to let people put wear and tear on your merchandise when you know that they have no intentions of buying anything.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
There should be no harm in jamming on a guitar for a few minutes. As long as your a good player and not being distruptful, he should just watch and make sure you return it with all components. Even if you don't have a plan on buying the guitar, they don't know that. And what if someone here's that guitar you are playing and thinks its brilliant... good for their business surely. You should never return or better yet... burn it down to the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you played stairway then kudos to the manager. If not own him.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by edusty2010

Thank you. I will never buy ANYTHING from this place ever again. It's a shame because it's me closest shop.
Quote by sgt. shaft
you didn't play stairway did you?

Fuck no. That was the first thing I thought of though,
Quote by Snapple
its up to the manager and people working there to decide whether its worth it or not, at the end of the day the store owns all the guitars, wheelkickers would piss me off tbh, your just wasting my time

Yeah I see where you are coming from. Either way when you have a business you're bound to have people come in just blowing time. But I don't think you have a good head on your shoulders when you grab instruments from people that are for sale that could be potential buyers. For all he knew I could have 2500 bucks in my back pocket.
He certainly shouldn't have been a douche like he was, and ****, if you wanna go try a car out, you don't just drive it around 15mph, you get out on the highway! But at the same time, if you have no intention of buying the car, you're just using up miles on the car, and wasting his time, in a sense.

So, you're both wrong here, but he still shouldn't have been a douche.

EDIT: Threads like this make me happy that my local shop is run by nice people who are happy to let you try guitars out, and understand that you may not find that the guitar is the right one for you. That's where a good businessman comes in and tries to find the guitar that IS right for you.

I've never had problems just trying out guitars at GC, and there are even a couple of genuinely nice people there. Sam Ash also has a few genuinely nice people, that once again want you to find the guitar that is right for you.
Last edited by Habit Zero at May 27, 2008,