Hey folks ! Relatively new to this guitar milarky. Had a standard Yamaha ERG for around a year and a half which I never really touched. I started taking lessons for the last 5 months though in which its really taken off ! I can't actually play anymore at the minute cause I swear my fingers are about to bleed. Now have a decent second hand Gibson SG, Anyway...

If I'm getting this correct the Pods will create different tones dependant on what you want to play yes ? Starting off there are only certain songs that I'm really able to play (although just nailed my first solo which I'm proud of !). I would like to get closer to re-creating the sounds to the songs more acuratley and was hoping a Pod would do this ?

Oh the amp I use is a Line6 Spider III as well if that has any influence...
The POD is very general, as I see it. It simulates a lot of different sounds, but not too specific in each area. It's very good if you wanna do a bit of everything when learning/practicing at home, but it's not gonna do when you go live and make a certain style of music sound really good, and really... "real", so to speak.

As a guitarist without long hours of building preference and knowledge about exactly what you want, a POD will do the job, and it will definitely help you get to the point where you understand what kind of sound you really want better. Through using various amps and effects I eventually worked my way to the amp that I'm using today, and it's the only one that I've ever been truly happy with. Get a POD, as it will allow the best versatility provided by anything even close to its price range. I used one some 3 years ago for practicing in my bedroom, and it never failed me back then. Test it in a guitar shop, though, just to get a feel for how it works and sounds.
if you have a line6 spyder III, then you have no need for a pod

thats what i found with my spyder II and my floor pod

either get another amp, and a pod, or just get some fx pedals
Quote by TeraBite

Well duh, a Floor POD is basically a Spider II in pedal form.

There are other models which would suit you much more.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by TeraBite

I find that the pod X3's models are better than that of previous pods and the Spider III line. I got an x3 over spider III bc of the millions of tones you can get from it. It has a crapload of anything you'll ever need.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
^The Spider II and III amp models are all off the POD 2.0, IIRC.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden