Okay so these are great guitars, but where in the hell can you buy these?
guitar center

edit: you have to search "slash" on the site to find it

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Last edited by timzee117 at May 27, 2008,
I've never seen one in stores. I'd buy it online probably if I wanted it
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Don't bother! All it is is the normal Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus but with the regular pickups replaced with Alnico II Pros, which are pretty cheap to buy anyway. You can buy both the neck and bridge pickup and install them yourself for only a little bit over a hundred, while buying the Slash signature will mean you'll have to pay around twice what you would otherwise. Basically you're spending an extra two hundred or so and not getting anything for it. For the cost of one Slash signature you could buy a Standard Plus Top, change the pickups, and then buy a second Standard to boot!
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Don't buy it. You're only buying an Epi LP with better pickups and a stamp of his signature on it for loads more if you do that.
you are also getting a very comfy slash neck profile and the neck has a long tenon which imo gives the guitar a sturdier feel. You also get his book (awesome book) some pics and a strap.

When this guitar came with the hardcase it was a good deal, but now it doesnt im not too sure. I mean here in the UK an epi standard is £300, then its £130 for the alnico II pros, £15 for a strap, £10 for his book, and the case is great quality so about £75 for that so that is £530 when you get it for about £550 - thats a good deal to me - but take away that nice hardcase and it stinks a little

EDIT: according to guitar center you get the hardcase!! thats just not fair! they stopped shipping it with the hardcase in the UK
Last edited by slashs_#1_fan at May 27, 2008,
Theyre in stores only, I'm pretty sure.

And yeah like what MrFlibble said, just get an Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Flametop if you want) and switch the pickups, you'll save money, and it's a good guitar too. You could also almost get another LP Standard if you had extra money.

The Slash signature has a different neck, pickups, and finish than the Les Paul Standard plus top.
im not sure your chances of finding one instore are high though - you cant get them in the UK anymore (or i cant find one)
Get the Gibson Slash Model, the Eppi is crap, trust me I have ACTUALLY played one..
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
Quote by Benguitar2
Get the Gibson Slash Model, the Eppi is crap, trust me I have ACTUALLY played one..
It's safe to assume people who are looking at the Epi version are people who can't afford the Gibson one, jackass.

I'm sick of seeing "don't touch Epiphone/Squier, only buy Gibson/Fender!". Not everyone can afford to, and even of those that can afford it, not everyone is in a position where they can justify such a purchase. Just because you have both a reason and the money to buy professional-quality gear, doesn't mean that every kid playing along to the CDs in his bedroom does too.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
It's safe to assume people who are looking at the Epi version are people who can't afford the Gibson one, jackass.

I'm sick of seeing "don't touch Epiphone/Squier, only buy Gibson/Fender!". Not everyone can afford to, and even of those that can afford it, not everyone is in a position where they can justify such a purchase. Just because you have both a reason and the money to buy professional-quality gear, doesn't mean that every kid playing along to the CDs in his bedroom does too.

the slash epi is a $1,000 bucks................if you got a grand to spend get a gibson!!
Quote by mmjohn
the slash epi is a $1,000 bucks................if you got a grand to spend get a gibson!!

I couldn't justify spending 1000 bones on the Epi Slash Les Paul, but there is no $1000 Gibson LP that I would waste my money on either.

In that price range, I would probably look at the Epi Elitist LP or an ESP.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by MrFlibble
Don't bother! All it is is the normal Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus but with the regular pickups replaced with Alnico II Pros, which are pretty cheap to buy anyway. You can buy both the neck and bridge pickup and install them yourself for only a little bit over a hundred, while buying the Slash signature will mean you'll have to pay around twice what you would otherwise. Basically you're spending an extra two hundred or so and not getting anything for it. For the cost of one Slash signature you could buy a Standard Plus Top, change the pickups, and then buy a second Standard to boot!

MrFlibble, where can you buy both the neck and the bridge Alnico II Pros for only a little over a hundred....? I had actually been toying with the idea of grabbing some of these pickups myself, and I can't seem to find them for anything less than $180 from any commercial retailer (and only as low as $160 new on eBay).

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
you cant buy the Epi Slash LP online, theyre in store only

my GC has like 5 of them, theyre nice but id buy an Epi Elitist for that kind of money
Quote by Benguitar2

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Quote by FireandFlames
Don't buy it. You're only buying an Epi LP with better pickups and a stamp of his signature on it for loads more if you do that.

Pretty much. All it is, is a Epi Std.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

If you can get an epiphone elitist for the same price as the slash one then I would definately go for that - the vintage sunburst one looks like the slash guitar anyway, and it will be a much better guitar. The only reason Id consider the slash over one is because over here you can get the slash for around £500-550 whereas elitists are about £680-700
Quote by FourSticks17
MrFlibble, where can you buy both the neck and the bridge Alnico II Pros for only a little over a hundred....? I had actually been toying with the idea of grabbing some of these pickups myself, and I can't seem to find them for anything less than $180 from any commercial retailer (and only as low as $160 new on eBay).
Here in the UK you can get them for about £60 each pickup, totalling £120. In my experience us Brits have to pay more for all guitar stuff than you Americans so I would assume you guys can get them even cheaper if you shop around.
Quote by MrFlibble
Here in the UK you can get them for about £60 each pickup, totalling £120. In my experience us Brits have to pay more for all guitar stuff than you Americans so I would assume you guys can get them even cheaper if you shop around.

Ah, I see. I think in this case though, the prices aren't getting much better than $180USD from commercial retailers, which is unfortunate for my wallet.

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by MrFlibble

£120 is close to $240

he says he can get them for $180, thats like £45 each - so they do get stuff cheaper than us

infact i ordered mine from america because it worked out cheaper
I work at George's Music in West palm beach and we have 2 in stock and on the wall in our slash display. we have had a few of the gibsons and one of the high high end ones
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Quote by FourSticks17
I couldn't justify spending 1000 bones on the Epi Slash Les Paul, but there is no $1000 Gibson LP that I would waste my money on either.

In that price range, I would probably look at the Epi Elitist LP or an ESP.

a gibson les paul studio are $1,100 bucks................and its a far better guitar.
you can get a faded cherry or brown LP studio for $900 cant you? (they are £450 in the UK, cheaper than the slash guitar) - are they good?
Gibson Studios are notoriously bad. You're still better off either getting an Epiphone Elitist, or either a standard Epiphone, Vintage, Tokai or ESP LP copy and upgrading it, rather than buying low-end Gibson.
i meant £550 in the UK - roughly same as slash sig.

Im saving for a standard anyway, just thought info on it might help TS.

Not to hijack but is there a reason that the Gibson Les Paul Standard faded is £400 cheaper than a standard when in theory more work has gone into it to fade it? seems silly to get a £1400 standard in a bright horrible colour when i can get the same guitar nicely faded for £999
Actually less work goes into the Faded because it lacks the top coat of the nitro finish.

Also though the main reason the faded models are cheaper is because they use lower grade wood.
Quote by MrFlibble
Actually less work goes into the Faded because it lacks the top coat of the nitro finish.

Also though the main reason the faded models are cheaper is because they use lower grade wood.

Sigh, there is no lower grade wood used on studio's, the difference between a standard and a studio are purely cosmetic (binding etc.). There was a topic out here that had somebody check his with gibson and they said the wood used on studio's and studio faded models is the same quality as standard les pauls.

I like the look of the faded (not all people do, I find the binding etc. kind of kitsch looking) and the materials are just as good as on standards, less effort has gone into finishing, that's all!

All Gibsons nowadays have QC issues, I have played studio's that were nicer than custom's, and standard's and studio's I wouldn't take over a epiphone special II.

Besides i cam kind of hot for the '59 neck profile on my studio (which is one of those gems you find occasionaly)
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1
Quote by Octavianus
There was a topic out here that had somebody check his with gibson and they said the wood used on studio's and studio faded models is the same quality as standard les pauls.
I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that. No Gibson representative would ever admit something like "yeah, we use crapper wood in those guitars". Of course they're always going to say they use the best stuff always.

When a completely independent carpenter or woodworker or whatever the hell guy checks them out and says they're the same, then I'll believe it. Until then though, I'm siding with the countless people who testify the wood in those models is inferior. Binding and inlays do not account for a 50% price cut.
I don't buy into that, it goes the other way too, a name on the headstock does justify a $500 increase apparently.

The only way to test if the wood in the models is inferior is to strip them, you can't look at the guitar from a distance and say the wood is inferior. There is no figure to the maple top of studio's, but that doesn't mean the wood is inferior tonewise, it is, again, cosmetics. A nice figure in the wood does not mean that it sounds better, studio's are only inferior in wood cosmetics, and I am still waiting for someone to prove beyond doubt that Gibson is making studio's out of more pieces of wood or tonewise inferior wood.
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1
Quote by mmjohn
a gibson les paul studio are $1,100 bucks................and its a far better guitar.

Search bar: Elitist Les Paul.

I'm not a Gibson LP Studio hater. Although I've played numerous bad ones in stores, I believe that you can probably find some gems by trying out enough models. With that said though, the $1200 Epi Elitist is far superior to any Gibson LP Studio, even if you manage to find a good one (and that makes a lot of sense considering that--with comparable price tags between the two--you're not paying for the mark up in price from the Gibson name on the headstock).

EDIT: I just realized that you may have meant the Gibson Studio is far better than the Epi Standard. And while some people claim that the Gibby Studio LPs are even worse than Epi Standards, I would be much more inclined to side with you and say that--provided that you test several and pick out a good one--a Gibson Studio LP will easily beat out an Epi Standard LP (except possibly those Vintage Faded models....I've tried out probably 10-20 of those at different times in Guitar Center trying to find one I like, and I have NEVER found one that I thought was decent).

Anyway though, with the Epi Elitist in that price range, though, the Gibby Studio being better than an Epi Standard is pretty much a non-issue. Except for just REALLY wanting the Gibson name on my headstock, I can't see any reason why I would ever buy a Gibson Studio when I could grab an Elitist LP. Maybe I'm just a sucker for the feel of a Gibson LP Custom, but the unchambered body of the Elitist LP and its long neck tenon (neither of which you will find again until you hit the Gibson Custom LPs) mean that I probably won't be purchasing a Gibson LP (unless I find a good price on a used one) until I can pony up the dough for a Custom. Just my two cents.

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Last edited by FourSticks17 at May 28, 2008,
the Gibson Les Paul Studio is better than the Epi Elitist?

someones smoking somethin nasty

the Elitist pretty much rivals any non custom shop Gibson Les Paul which can cost up to 3 grand