Question for all of you. How much stock do you put in 100% accuracy when playing songs. Many times I will pick a song learn, find tabs or internet lessons, spend a bunch of time learning it and then find out that I am playing it "wrong". It will usually sound the same but it will be technically wrong compared to how the artist originally played it or to another tab. So, my question is, do you guys for the most part feel about physical accuracy over feel and sound? A big part of me says who cares, as long as it sounds good it doesn't matter but there is also a part of me that wants to be accurate above all else.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Roland Microcube
To tell you the truth, probably 90% of tabs on this site aren't how the artist plays them.
when i learn a song, i almost always find out its wrong. I then put alot of effort figuring it out the right way and playing it perfect.
The Conservative youth of America!
Quote by Ze_Metal
To tell you the truth, probably 90% of tabs on this site aren't how the artist plays them.

+1
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
There are several ways to play the same note at the same pitch on a guitar. Don't think that just because Slash plays a song a certain way doesn't mean it's the right way. All guitarists come from different backgrounds, and the fact of the matter is:

Players do what they find comfortable.

That's all you need to worry about.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
It sounds good...so I dont care that much if thats how the artist played them.

I do hate people saying "thats not right" all the time...

it sounds good so its right to me.
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
As long as it sounds the same as what you're want to play I don't think it matters that much.
Have you evr a heard a really good cover of one of your favourite songs?
And was it played exactly the same as the original?
No.
As long as you're playing it well and it sounds right, it is right.
I rest my case.
I don't really bother trying to be accurate with how the original artist played it. Hell, sometimes I just play a harmony instead lol
I know I've learned to play various parts of Iron Man on different parts of the fretboard; to me, they all sound almost exactly the same. I guess because they ARE the exact same notes. So, I've pretty much combined a couple of tab versions, making the song easier to play. I'm not sure it's good to be lazy like that though...

You'll notice that sometimes, it's far easier to play something a little different than anyone else.

Basically, there's more than one way to skin a cat...
Quote by HardAttack
There are several ways to play the same note at the same pitch on a guitar. Don't think that just because Slash plays a song a certain way doesn't mean it's the right way. All guitarists come from different backgrounds, and the fact of the matter is:

/thread

Nicely put.

lol, the cool smiley looks like a guy with swimming goggles on.
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
I usually just look for guitar pro tabs and download the one with the highest rating. I then listen to it, and can decide beforehand how it's going to sound. If it sounds close, then I'll use that tab.
Quote by Ze_Metal

+1

Quote by HardAttack

^ +1