Page 1 of 2
Great melodic thrash/death band. It is arguable that there are core influences. But they're not core.

There are blues influences, particularly with the lead. From Sydney, Australia, they've released a couple of albums, and are starting to really make it big here. I have a review on my profile, if you're interested, a review, top of the page.

http://www.myspace.com/daysendmusic

I recommend listening to more than one track, to get an idea.

Enjoy, UG
I really like these guys. I'll be going to see them again in Melbourne next week at Switch Fest.

And to be honest, nobody EVER referred to these guys as even remotely core after their first album... and then in between their 1st and 2nd albums metalcore got huge and suddenly everyone started saying these guys were core. They aren't. Not every band in the world that has melodic death/thrash influences is core nowadays (even though admittedly most are..).

But yeah, very good band.
If you were referring to me, I never said they were core, I said that they arguably have core influences

I love this band. The Warning is such a good album.
Quote by Internal Chaos
If you were referring to me, I never said they were core, I said that they arguably have core influences

I love this band. The Warning is such a good album.

No, I was more referring to "people" in general. Nobody specific. I thought your comment was fair enough.
I have their "The Warning" album, it's pretty impressive. Some of the vocals are a bit Triviumish (Not that that would bother me; I like Trivium) but they seem to be a pretty good melodeath band.
Severence was one of the albums that got me into metal, and these guys were one of my favorite bands for a while, although I haven't listened in some time. I never posted about them here for fear of getting raped.
ive seen em 6 times, i prefer the old singer simon and the album Severance to the latest singer on The warning.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
^ tell me what you think.
the best thing about their gigs is when the old singer comes on for one song and sings with the new singer!
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Seriously!?
That's rad.
Fingers crossed they get on this year's Overcranked, then maybe I could see them

Seriously, I love Overcranked now. Last year, I went just to see Psycroptic. Ended up loving Pathogen, Terrorust, Minus Life, Bejing Tank, and Dyscord.

This sounds closer to Killswitch Engage then it does thrash metal.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I saw pathogen and Terrorust support Daysend at the empire hotel in sydney, that was pretty sweet, especialy since i was a fan of pathogen and it was also one of my mates first metal gigs! (but apparently in perth, Pathogen are a joke)
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Really? Wow....wonder why....
Although, no offense to them but Aidan comes off as a bit of a...I dunno....just seems a bit.... not controlling....but more....stand offish....
Quote by Magero
Because yeah, clean vocals between some harsh yelling, combined with some melody, totally gheycore, amirite?

The standard formula that plagues mainstream"metal". I'm just saying it sounds like all the other watered down,predictable metalcore in the world these days. It's certainly not thrash metal.
Quote by Steve08

I'm a huge core fan. I post in the hardcore forum regularly. I'm the co-owner of the core allegiance. I probably listen to more core than "real metal".
This is not core.
Don't get me wrong i don't mind things with core in them. Converge,Dystopia,Old Man Gloom,Botch,ect. But all those bands are unique and and have allot of passion and power within their music. Stuff like this just comes off to me as uninspired and bland. My dislike has nothing to do with Metalcore label or non metal tendencies. I just think it sucks.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
Don't get me wrong i don't mind things with core in them. Converge,Dystopia,Old Man Gloom,Botch,ect. But all those bands are unique and and have allot of passion and power within their music. Stuff like this just comes off to me as uninspired and bland. My dislike has nothing to do with Metalcore label or non metal tendencies. I just think it sucks.

That is what you first post should have said.
I know ic ant make fun of core bands, im in a hardcore band and a deathcore/grindcore band (think of job fo a cowboy cvrossed with annotations of an autopsy) lol
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Quote by GuitarSacrifice
I know ic ant make fun of core bands, im in a hardcore band and a deathcore/grindcore band (think of job fo a cowboy cvrossed with annotations of an autopsy) lol

Well i can, because I'm not
Quote by Steve08

First vocalist has a stronger clean voice....his growls are a lot more core like. They actually remind me of Alexi from CoB a bit....

Production turns me off though
Quote by Internal Chaos
I don't know where core comes in here.

At all.

Well there you go. Probably the biggest hardcore fan in the metal forum and one of the most obnoxious -core fans in the forum are both fans of this band and cannot see core in it all.
Coincidence? We find out next week.
I have no problem with it. I don't hate it, I just don't like it. The vocals put me off and it's not "br00tal" enough
That said, Have Heart and Break Even are probably two of the best live bands I've ever seen.
It wears on you. You WILL grow to love it.

My five favourite genres are Hardcore, Crust Punk, Powerviolence, Progressive/Symphonic Black Metal and Technical Brutal Death Metal.

You can like both!
i really really like these guys..................and ive sung born is the enemy with mark he kept passing the mic to me wen i saw em last

but they are kinda well that norm still good but hey they are pretty awesome live
I am me. Live with it.
Not really to my tastes.

Nothing that really stands out anyway, that I can hear. The leadwork was a bit interesting.

They do sound more than a tad core though.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Internal Chaos

My five favourite genres are Hardcore, Crust Punk, Powerviolence, Progressive/Symphonic Black Metal and Technical Brutal Death Metal.

You can like both!

****ING WIN!

I think the core elements are not true core elements(save a few riffs) but just the metal elements from metalcore .
Quote by Steve08

They are alright, very generic, which is not uncommon for Australian metal bands, there are a few out there that aren't, but in general they are all quite generic.

I think the reason people take this as metalcore is because it shares many generic attributes that are often associated with bands popular in metalcore. The most prominent being the song structure, heavy intro, a bit of harmonising gothenberg style, a heavy verse with harsh vocals, and a melodic and clean sung chorus.

This style of songwriting is not exactly metalcore, but is often misperceived to be, and in a way that if anybody follows that same, generic, song structure they become, "metalcore".
Quote by Internal Chaos

You can like both!

Mine are Deathcore, Progressive Death Metal, Symphonic Black Metal....
And that's about it
........... @ Internal Chaos if festival of the dead happens again you will most likely get you're chance sooner than later XD
I am me. Live with it.

Any news of Festival of the Dead this year? I can't believe I missed The Berzerker, Akercoke, The Amenta an Astriaal last year, as well as Double Dragon, Switchblade, Terrorust, etc.

And the year before, with NEVERMORE AND SKINLESS!

btw I didn't hear you say anything at Opeth last night If you heard people saying "I'll be with you always, Frodo Baggins" or "Saaaauuurrroooommmaaaannn!" when Virgin Black started playing, or people yelling "Fam", "Aedan" or "Shamus" or some gay 4chan jokes, you heard us
i was standing next to the lot who were saying 'get ur tits out for the boys' and some guy yelled 'DOODLE!!!' .... i shamelessly yelled 'do a flip' at mikeal at one point just cuz....and are we now refering to him by his new name?

and blood of the angels by daysend....awesome live screamalong if i ever heard one XD
I am me. Live with it.
Page 1 of 2