I heard an awful sounding rattling noise when I started playing through my Blues Junior today. I've had the amp for under a year and it has been in near perfect condition for as long as I've had it.

I know it's the tubes but I'm not sure what's wrong with it/them or if I should replace it/ them yet. How long do tubes usually last? I've had quite long jam sessions with my friends lately, around 3-6 hours per day for three days in a row. I turned it off when not playing for longer periods of time though. Any help is appreciated!
Quote by strat335
I heard an awful sounding rattling noise when I started playing through my Blues Junior today. I've had the amp for under a year and it has been in near perfect condition for as long as I've had it.

I know it's the tubes but I'm not sure what's wrong with it/them or if I should replace it/ them yet. How long do tubes usually last? I've had quite long jam sessions with my friends lately, around 3-6 hours per day for three days in a row. I turned it off when not playing for longer periods of time though. Any help is appreciated!

Are you sure its the tubes or is it the metal bracket and springs holding the tubes in?

Turn the amp around when your playing and see exactly whats causing the noise.

Also powertubes 1-3 years, preamps last a good while longer..

i think this exact same thing happened to the_red_strat
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
when i cranked mu blues jr it rattled.

the stock speaker had problems handling it.

and the tube bracket needs support.

also, sometimes a screw is a little loose. so strum and touch parts until you find the area that quiets it.

just remember that the tubes will be hot.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
when i cranked mu blues jr it rattled.

the stock speaker had problems handling it.

and the tube bracket needs support.

also, sometimes a screw is a little loose. so strum and touch parts until you find the area that quiets it.

just remember that the tubes will be hot.

i found that out the hard way. I didn't realize it would be that hot after five minutes of playing

I turned it around and tried to rearrange the bracket before I posted here. I'll try it again and try and mess around with the tubes to see what's makin' the noise. thanks a lot guys
when i first got mine, a loose screw thru the side of the amp, caused extra buzz.

i tightened it, and it helped, but the tube backet was pretty flimsy and the speaker made some noises at higher volumes. so i swapped it out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011