Simply out of curiosity, what gear could I use to get the kind of sound from Buckethead's song, "The Hand"

I don't have any real price range in mind, but something in the average musician's price range.

If you haven't heard the song, "The Hand", here is a link to the music via Youtube.

EDIT: To be specific, I am looking to get the guitar part that starts at 0:34
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by ThatGuy177
Damn. that is a kick ass tone.

My thoughts exactly. I thought it almost too good to be real so I wanted to know if anyone knew how to get that tone.
-Bugera 333XL 212
I'm pretty sure buckethead uses a jcm 800 for his more basic distorted tones. That's probably a jcm 800 with some kind of OD pedal in front boosting it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'm pretty sure buckethead uses a jcm 800 for his more basic distorted tones. That's probably a jcm 800 with some kind of OD pedal in front boosting it.
Doesn't he have a Mesa Dual Rectifier too?
-Bugera 333XL 212
Probably, he's got all sorts of goodies.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Probably, he's got all sorts of goodies.
Although, I think your suggestion would be more probable. From what I hear, the Mesa has a little more 'crunch', and the tone in this song is a bit smoother. If you can really describe metal distortion as 'smooth'.
-Bugera 333XL 212
I've always though of mesa as being more liquid and marshalls to be more crunch (they practically invented crunch) Though I must say my f-30 can do both quit well.