I was in a guitar shop today and they had the Ibanez RG2550E-GK in. Naturally, I had a tinkle on it and it sounded really good.
I then tried out the cheaper RG350DX, and found it sounded ok, but obviously not as good as the 2550E.

The RG2550E was 699 quid.

The RG350DX was 349 quid.

Although i can only afford the cheaper model at the moment, do you think it is worth saving up for the more expensive one? Or is the more expensive model too much?
Equally is there a guitar that is better value for money at 700 quid than the 2550E?

Thanks.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser or pretty much any Schecter around that price
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
The 2550E has a vastly superior build quality and hardware components than the 350dx.

Its well worth the price.

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by apmaman
The 2550E has a vastly superior build quality and hardware components than the 350dx.

Its well worth the price.

but is it superior to the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser?
of course its safe to save up for the 2550, its a ridiculously superior axe against the 350
ok i think ill save up for the 2550E-GK.

BUUT, is it better value for money than either the Ibanez Rg1570 or the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser?
Quote by ~*Tutty*~
but is it superior to the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser?

Well that all depends on which you prefer personally. both have good Build Quality and Parts, it really comes down to aesthetics and feel.

The Ibanez has a Thinner Neck, and a Lower Profile Tremolo Unit (if you decide to get that on the C1)

Both have 24 Fret Necks, both are Bolt On i think, but if the Shecter is set it will feel pretty similiar do to the AANJ on the Ibanez.

try testing them both out at the same time side by side to really get a feel for each. you wont be disapointed with either guitar though.
the ibanez for sure, in my experience just better build quality.
Quote by ~*Tutty*~

BUUT, is it better value for money than either the Ibanez Rg1570 or the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser?

In comparison to the Ibanez RG1570, the differences are the 2550E has front routed pickups (i.e. the pickups are mounted on the pickguard) and the pickups are Dimarzio / IBZ as opposed to V / S series pickups. People say that the Dimarzio / IBZ pickups are **** and should be changed immediately but I find them to be actually decent and not bad sounding.

As for the Schecter, if you're used to Ibanez necks, a Schecter neck will feel totally different. It's painted down as it has a set neck, but the neck is thick as hell. I couldn't stand it but some people like the feel. It's got an OFR and EMG's which is great for the money. It's made in Korea and a tad overpriced in UK, whereas Ibanez Prestige guitars are made in Japan and are good value IMO.
Quote by ~*Tutty*~

The RG1570 is the biggest bang for your buck, but the 2550 has some aesthetic improvements. The 350 is totally not even worth considering or buying, so please dump that thought. Actually, the RG1570 and 2550 are basically the same guitar with some cosmetic differences, as you'll want to swap the pickups on both guitars (neither have fantastic pickups).