Page 1 of 2
Been and bought some more wood today from Craftsupplies, getting quite a stock together now

Heres the list left to right-

2 piece walnut body blank.
3 piece rosewood body blank.
1 piece ash body ready for a Wolfgang.
2 piece flamed swamp ash body blank.
4A maple cap.
1 piece brazillian mahogany body, Explorer.
1 piece african mahogany body, PRS ready for maple top.
1 piece honduran mahogany neck, flying V ready for a fingerboard.
1 piece honduran mahogany neck for Les Paul ready for fingerboard.
Rosewood neck to go with rosewood body.
1" honduran mahogany neck blank.
2" Paduak neck blank.
4 2" honduran mahogany neck blanks.
10 assorted fingerboards.
Laminated flame maple/wenge/bloodwood 1" neck blank
2" Amazaque neck blank.

Should keep me going for a while ! ! ! ! !

whats the point of this thread
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
that is some nice wood though
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Quote by 6_Feet_Below

I came for the amusing title.

Came... geddit?!?!?!#@!?#!
Quote by 6_Feet_Below

Same point as the rest of the threads on here, showing off !
Its the only opportunity i'll get to show my wood in public without being arrested . . . . . .
gigerdy gigerdy gigerdy gigerdy
How much did all of that set you back? That is a ****load of wood!
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
I got 5 neck blanks, ash body, 5 fingerboards and the walnut body today and it all came in around the same price I paid for the Rosewood body last week. . . . . . . . . .

I only went to get a couple of fingerboards and a neck blank but got carried away. I start to shake and openly play with myself whenever I go there to buy wood. I just kept bringing stuff to the counter until I though enough was enough.

God i'm an Idiot !

I'd love to see Ormsby's wood, pardon the expression . . . . . .
hey JS i see your the craft supplies master, llol.
just wondering if you know how much ebony neck laminates are from them ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Hey,

I'm curious, but where do you find this wood on the website? Because from what I can see, they only have 4 kinds of wood in stock... Swamp Ash, Ash, Wenge and Amazaque.
These are in the 2" Body Blank area. Am I looking in the wrong place?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
Hey,

I'm curious, but where do you find this wood on the website? Because from what I can see, they only have 4 kinds of wood in stock... Swamp Ash, Ash, Wenge and Amazaque.
These are in the 2" Body Blank area. Am I looking in the wrong place?

It's not on the website. Phone them, and order a copy of the catalogue.
Quote by -MintSauce-
It's not on the website. Phone them, and order a copy of the catalogue.

Ah right. I was thinking it might be that. Cheers for the info!
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

im done at my lumber yard. ive got enough wood in house for about.. 14 guitars. Ive got a peice of mahogany big enough to get about 8 bodies out, one piece of course. that ran about 90 bucks. yummy.
Quote by admbwr
hey JS i see your the craft supplies master, llol.
just wondering if you know how much ebony neck laminates are from them ?

They dont have any, infact they hardly have any stock at all really. Alan, the guy who deals with all the guitar woods has left and they dont seem to be getting anything new in in ages. They've hardly any neck blanks left, no maple or mahogany in any shape or size, i think all they got is Paduak neck blanks. Body wise, all they got is Ash, Wenge and Amazaque and they only have about 20 maple caps to choose from now. I hope they get some more stuff in nd dont just let it run down to nothing and then dont bother any more.
*druels*

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by jscustomguitars
They dont have any, infact they hardly have any stock at all really. Alan, the guy who deals with all the guitar woods has left and they dont seem to be getting anything new in in ages. They've hardly any neck blanks left, no maple or mahogany in any shape or size, i think all they got is Paduak neck blanks. Body wise, all they got is Ash, Wenge and Amazaque and they only have about 20 maple caps to choose from now. I hope they get some more stuff in nd dont just let it run down to nothing and then dont bother any more.

Yeah, I was in at the weekend to buy a radius sanding block and some other stuff, and they told me both Sound Woods guys have left. I will be really dissapointed if they stop stocking guitar stuff, since they are ridiculously close to where I live, and I'd hate to have to start mail ordering stuff.
Quote by thedonutman
Yeah, I was in at the weekend to buy a radius sanding block and some other stuff, and they told me both Sound Woods guys have left. I will be really dissapointed if they stop stocking guitar stuff, since they are ridiculously close to where I live, and I'd hate to have to start mail ordering stuff.

Yeah, me too
Quote by jscustomguitars
Its the only opportunity i'll get to show my wood in public without being arrested . . . . . .
gigerdy gigerdy gigerdy gigerdy

can i touch ur wood?

GIGGITY GIGGITY GOO!
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
can i touch ur wood?

GIGGITY GIGGITY GOO!

Please get off my UG.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by jscustomguitars

I'd love to see Ormsby's wood, pardon the expression . . . . . .

Here is the stuff that is dry and ready to use. More in storage!!

Body and neck timbers: (the bottom piece of Braz Mahogany is wide enough for one piece explorer bodies )

The mahogany on top is 85mm (3.3") thick

Maple tops and fretboards:
Forty maple tops, another 20 or so didnt make it itno the photo

There actually arent enough fretboards, for the number of orders i have. Ive got another 40 fretboards coming, and another 10 or so arent pictured (all birdseye)

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by jscustomguitars

If you want maple tops, the postage will sting you a bit, but get a bulk order together with some other people, and i'll send you some.

www.ormsbyguitars.com/woods

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
i emailed you ormsby about maple tops, but i never got a reply, i think my emails broke though
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
i got wood today... my supply isnt as big as yours but i got nice wood nonetheless

i got 4 board feet of nice 4/4 flame maple, a board of wenge big enough for either 3 body tops or a few necks, 2 pieces of GORGEOUS madagascar ebony enough to make 4 fretboards each, an indian rosewood fretboard blank (perfect size), a nice chunk of purpleheart and 4 pieces of sapele - enough to make a king v, les paul and one extra piece... possibly for a multi laminate body or something... i could make a RR style guitar out of it but i dont like RR style guitars lol. i gotta go back and get more... i forgot the lacewood piece i wanted to get... blah...
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Jscustomguitars,

check your PM's.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
I have a couple of questions I thought I'd ask here since you guys seem to be pros:

How long does it take you to make a guitar? And what do you do with all of them?
GANGSTAAAAAAS!

Chika! Chika! YEAH YEAH!

Quote by SG6578
That is regular hard maple...I'm 100% f*cking d*ck licking sure.
i picked it up at a lumber dealer thats like 10 miles away. i just started buying stuff. the sapele is planed but not consistent so i have to size it a bit. the maple is about 6 and a half feet long with a great flame in the majority of it - the picture doesn't do it justice... i got 2 7/8" thick x 42" long pieces of madagascar ebony with a wonderful grain pattern... the wenge is about 7 1/2" wide and like 5' long 7/8" thick with a lovely grain pattern... the indian rosewood is perfect size for a guitar fretboard... got that piece for 6 dollars . the purpleheart i got just because it was 7 bucks and i can make laminate strips out of it.

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by Third3ye
I have a couple of questions I thought I'd ask here since you guys seem to be pros:

How long does it take you to make a guitar? And what do you do with all of them?

sorry for the double post.

it can take anywhere from 100 to 2/300 hours to make a guitar depending on skill, ability and options. I've been working on mine for 3 months but not consistently - just a couple hours here and there. if i were to bank all of the hours i had invested i'd say i've got about 150-175 so far... maybe not that much though... i spent a lot of time building little jigs and designing fixtures... and my marvelously ghetto pickup winder

is craft supplies catalogue free and do they have more wood options in the catalogue than on the website.
byt the way youe woods damn sexy!!!!
Quote by Third3ye

It takes me around 2 to 3 days to do all the woodworking on a body and a neck (If I have some time to work) and around a week to finish it. It never really takes me that long because I spend some time thinking about some design features and if I've never done something I think about how to do whatever needs to be done.

When a guitar is finished I either sell it or keep it for myself.
Quote by fatgoogle
is craft supplies catalogue free and do they have more wood options in the catalogue than on the website.
byt the way youe woods damn sexy!!!!

I got their catalogue, and no.

It seems the only wood they've got is on the website, unless you're gonna visit the shop.
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

Page 1 of 2