I recently got a new strap, and it's fine except that it sorta gets in the way when I play an open E, or i put my thumb around the first few frets. Is there any way to fix this, or do I just have to deal with it?
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
anyone?
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
what kind of strap did you buy?.. and what is your guitar?.. is it the one where you only have one strap button and you have to tie the strap near the nut of the acoustic guitar?
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
yeah i think your gonna have to buy a strap button and put it on the heal of the neck i think frets.com has an arcticle on how to do it without hitting any of the neck bolts.
either way, i would not suggest putting additional strap buttons if your guitar is a dreadnaught because it has quite a large body and it will be quite uncomfortable if the strap is suspended just like electric guitars. i think if you only have one strap button, then tie it other end of your strap near the nut, but tie it in a way that would be comfortable for your playing.
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
i install second strap buttons on all of my acoustics whether dreadnought or jumbo or any other body. it's not uncomfortable for me either, but that is a matter of opinion of course.
oh i'm sorry bout that.. yup, still it's your personal preference whether to install another strap button or not..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
nothing to be sorry for freind the ability to share differing opinoins is what makes this forum great (you outta see me swim against the river when they start talking about laminated taylors) all opinions are welcome and what works for me may not work for you and vice versa it is the multitude of opinions and experience that makes this a greAT place to learn new things.
Ditto all of the above comments about relocating the strap button. If any of the Accoustics I bought didn't have a strap button on the backside support brace of the neck, I put one there.

(Because ALL of us had trouble with the strap interfering when tied to the headstock by the nut).

-Soupy1957
"I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now"

Epiphone EJ200
Epiphone AJ500ME
Epiphone Hummingbird
Washburn J28SDL
Guild GAD25NAT
thanks.. it's good to know that people here very friendly.. unlike others who disrespect other peoples opinions and end up in total pawnage.. haha!
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R