looking to buy a set (neck and bridge) of humbuckers for my epiphone firebird. not sure if it matters, but it's a string through with a bolt-on neck, tone and volume knobs and a three-way selector.

i play mostly older rock, lots of clapton, zeppelin, ccr on occasion, even some bowie and some vaughan. i also like playing a little metal and hardcore, so it'd be nice if the pickups could handle cleans, high and low-gain stuff. thanks in advance,

-jake.
yeah, i was looking at 57's the other night, they just seem really expensive.. but are they worth it? and would a dogear p-90 fit into the guitar without any modification? i thought they were slightly smaller than standard two-coils?

i just found out the pickups are epiphone "ultra-hots" or something of the sort, how do the pickups compare to those?
Gibson 57's
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Bareknuckle Mules all the way.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
i'll have to check those out, and thanks, that's exactly what i'm looking for in a neck pickup.
theyre just great quality PAF - modelled pickups.

Get on the bareknuckle forums, they have sound clips from users and all sorts.

Also they have quite a wide range so if youre after a particular sound, the advice is all there. You can even get custom wounds. But If you're outside the uk, the price can be pretty immense.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
dam some one beat me to it. yeah the bareknuckles are expensive alright. but the tone u get are just insanely good. if u want classic tones. you cant cheap out. unless u resort to ebay and craigslist. btw i have the 57 classic, great pups but nothing to fridge over.
Duncan Custom 5 bridge, 59 neck...don't get the Gibsons, they're way overpriced.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
sdpickups.com heritage humbuckers. Really expensive, but apparently worth every cent.
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
if one were to recommend one of the sets of bareknuckles (or a combo of single humbuckers) what would they recommend?
i play noisy hardcore in the vein of coalesce interrupted by lots of isis-esque riffage and ambience, with a healthy dose of screamo dynamics ala funeral diner. it even sounds good sometimes!
Quote by jacobthesnakeob
if one were to recommend one of the sets of bareknuckles (or a combo of single humbuckers) what would they recommend?

Probably a pair of Mules, or a Mule in the neck with a Holy Diver in the bridge.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Go for the Mules I'm going to be putting them in my Standard soon, and me and you have the same taste in music.
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
well, they seem like pretty much everything i'm looking for in a pickup, except price, although it's not insanely bad, considering ordering a set of 57 plus's would've set me back just 50 less. just gonna take a bit longer than i was hoping for to buy em' and slap em' in. thanks for the advice!
i play noisy hardcore in the vein of coalesce interrupted by lots of isis-esque riffage and ambience, with a healthy dose of screamo dynamics ala funeral diner. it even sounds good sometimes!
get seymour duncan 59's. there the SAME THING as gibson 57s but cost alot less. get that for the bridge and i recommend a jazz model for the neck pickup. but u could go two 59s.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/vintage/59_model_sh1_an/

also coil tap the pickups. it will give u some cool sounds. it will help you get the clapton and page sound. page used a coil tap to get some cool sounds. no matter what pickups you get look into coil tapping. most pickups can be tapped easly
get some DiMarzio DP100 Super Distortion Pickups, most of the classic rock rands used these, and they're good for what you play
Either Gibson BurstBucker #1 in the neck and #2 in the bridge, or Seymour Duncan '59 model. The Gibsons will be a little touch 'sharper' in their attack (clearer and more defined), but the '59 will have slightly smoother low-end which I know many people like.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.