What would be a good extension cabinet for the Peavey Classic 30?

And don't say the Classic 112E, because they stopped making those.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Quote by SLD.Potato
What would be a good extension cabinet for the Peavey Classic 30?

And don't say the Classic 112E, because they stopped making those.

Why do you need it? What sound are you looking for? What are you looking to spend?

I'd go for a Tone Tubby 2x12 packed with their alnicos, but you might like something different.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Just wanted to get an idea of what was out there.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.

Quote by SLD.Potato

That narrows it down.

Avatar, Lopoline, Orange, Vox, Ear Candy...

You want something rated at 16 ohms. Otherwise, the world is your oyster.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^

Quote by SLD.Potato

you're pretty cute TS.

what type of music do you play? are you in a band? what's ur budget?

anything will help really.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well, I'm getting a job over the summer and was thinking about upgrading my stuff. So, theoretically I could just save all my money up and get stuff at any price range, but naturally I don't want to blow $2,000 on a cab for a $400 amp.

I'm in a band and we do Psychedelic 90's Alternative Punk stuff. A little more volume couldn't hurt...
Quote by rebelmidget

i would say a 2x12 would be a nice size, and if you dont want to spend too much, either go used or check out avatar cabs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by SLD.Potato
Well, I'm getting a job over the summer and was thinking about upgrading my stuff. So, theoretically I could just save all my money up and get stuff at any price range, but naturally I don't want to blow $2,000 on a cab for a $400 amp.

I'm in a band and we do Psychedelic 90's Alternative Punk stuff. A little more volume couldn't hurt...

Your best bet would be to trade up the amp altogether. An extension cab isn't really going to buy you much.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^yep or that.

if the volume isnt cutting it. plus, a 2x12 and a classic 30 is a lot to haul around for 30 watts spread out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

If i wanted a small 1x12 or 2x12 cabinet that is decent but not very expensive, what would you recommend?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
when i hear, "not very expensive" i usually think used or avatar cabs for 2x12s.
http://www.avatarspeakers.com/list%20guitar.htm

personally i went with an empty lopoline 1x12 for about a hundred bucks and put an eminence speaker in it.

but that was for my epi Vjr, home use.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

revisiting this topic as I'm now considering the same thing...

I love my C30, have been gigging in small to medium clubs with it and have only turned it up to 6 or 7 for good stage wash, and mike it with an e609 to fill the venue through the PA.

I play hard rock to metal, guitars with EMG pickups, use a GT-8 for all distortion and FX, run clean channel only (high-gain channel doesn't get a dirty enough metal distortion tone for me), then have the C30 up on a stand for good projection. A lot of metal guys with their Marshall and Mesa stacks are quite impressed with the sound I get out of that little amp.

But will I get more out of a 112 or 212 extension cabinet? Like I said, I'm only turning up to 6 or 7 (about half way), at which point it starts to sound too harsh. So if I'm splitting the Wattage through more speakers, will I be able to turn it up more if needed and get more volume by pushing more air without getting that harsh tone from the single 12" in the amp?

Thanks!