For what style? There's a million of them, and I think people will go for the usual ESP LTD Copies.
PRS SE Singlecut, Ibanez ART300. that's all i can think of off the top of my head.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
Hagstrom Super Swede
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
ESP LTD EC-1000 With Seymour Duncan pickups
Epiphone LP Custom Or Standard
Michael Kelly Patriots I heard are pretty good

I dont know, I use a Les Paul but I dont really like it so I haven't researched it very well.
Agile AL3000/3100, Epi LP Standard (it's pretty good, don't believe the bashers), and of course: ESP LTD EC-1000.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Michael Kelly Patriot
Agile Al-3000
LTD EC-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Used Gibson Les Paul
Edwards Les Paul
PRS SE Single Cut
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Quote by Dave Gilmour
Hagstrom Super Swede

Yes.
Guitars
------------------

Epiphone SG w/seymour duncan JB's

Hagstrom Super Swede

Amp
-----------------

Traynor YCV50 BLUE

Pedals
------------------

Line 6 DL-4

Boss TU-2
Can you really get an EC-1000 for under $1000? They get on for £750 here! I'd have though the EC-500 / EC-400AT series would fit under that price range better. If we're talking LTDs obviously. But yes, others people have mentioned such as the PRS SE Singlecut, Hagstrom Super Swede and the good Epi Les Pauls would suit that price range I'd have thought.
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...