Okay, I am looking to get a new amp for home studio use, maybe recording and small gigging use, and I am looking to keep it under $400, and I don't need an extravagant layout, just enough to easily fix my tone.

Here are three on my guitar center wish list

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-AS50D-50w-2x8-Acoustic-Guitar-Combo-Amp-481034-i1173585.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Frontman-212R-100W-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104506076-i1323510.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-HD150-75Wx2-Guitar-Amp-Head-103944815-i1168993.gc

As you can see, I've got 3 amps on there, which one would give me the best bang for my buck? I was thinking about the Marshall. Also, which one would give me a bluesy distorted tone? Like Eric Clapton or Slash.

Also, if it matters, I am using an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

Thanks
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
none of the three

i would save up more and get a tube amp

for 50 bucks more you can get a peavey valveking

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

The Fender there is nice, my buddy has one, and it's great. Not tube, but for a sold state, it does the job well.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
What's the advantage to a tube amp over anything else?

And I'm not a big fan of Peaveys.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
What's the advantage to a tube amp over anything else?

And I'm not a big fan of Peaveys.

Too bad. A second hand Delta Blues or Classic 30 would be awesome for you. The three amps you're looking at would not be. The Marshall's an acoustic guitar amp, and the other two just suck.

You want a nice, bluesy OD? Then you want tubes. The Crate V18, a used Fender Pro or Blues Jr., the Blackheart Handsome Devil. Something like that. Go used to really increase your options. Those Peaveys are great. the Delta Blues is one of my favorite amps.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Oh, I didn't even realize that the Marshall was an acoustic. lol.

I would be willing to try a good Peavey, but my current one is a Peavey Renown 212 Solo series, it was a hand-me down, I have no idea the wattage, it doesn't say on the back, and it has all these frivilous knobs, but it lacks a master volume knob : (

Anyways, I'm a total amp noob, I really don't know the first thing about setting tones.

Quote by John Frusciante
What would a second hand Classic 30 run me? perhaps at a pawn shop?

Quote by John Frusciante
okay, thats reasonable. thanks.

Quote by John Frusciante
bump

Quote by John Frusciante