Page 1 of 2
hey i was wondering, whats UG's opinion on the statement "Everything happens for a reason"

if you agree with it... why??

if you dont agree with it... why?!

sometimes i think things happen for a reason, but then i also think it could just be a coincedence or something like that

anyway.... opinions??
Well, cause and effect. So yes. But not for some greater purpose.

But God does not move in 'mysterious ways'.

And we should be Stoic to a certain extent.
God decides it all
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
I believe every action has a consequence. So effectively, yes. Its all just like one big cascading loop that keeps causing more and more and more things.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Of course everything happens for a reason... I wrote this because you asked a question. I smoke so I can look cool. I scratch my balls because they are itchy. I rub my eyes because I am tired. I support Manchester City because I have a subconcious desire to support a terrible terrible team.... etc etc etc etc etc.
Quote by GoDrex
just something people tell themselves to try to feel better

Just like Religion and an afterlife, people are afraid of death being the end.

although i guess anything could be possible.
I don't believe in God.

He's not real in my Opinion.

I don't believe in Fate, or, 'it happened for a reason'.

Life is based on Luck. You can get Lucky, and you can be ****ed over completely, in many ways, and they are all random. Like tossing a dice.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
I don't know. I don't really care, I'd live life all the same if a did or didn't believe.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
I don't know.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

No i think everything just happens. Not for a reason, just simple cause and effect.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Ironza
Life is based on Luck. You can get Lucky, and you can be ****ed over completely, in many ways, and they are all random. Like tossing a dice.

well, say you were gambling or something & you rolled the dice, & it came up bad for you, because you wernt supposed to win so something else could happen to you later on, or something like that....
suppose if time travel were ever going to be real (though, if it is, wouldnt somebody have come back?) then, that would prove everything happens for a reason wouldnt it?

cuz if things happen randomly, then theres no future, only past and present. so if we can travel into the future, surely that means our futures pre-destined, meaning everything happens for a reason...

or something like that at least
Quote by _-Joey-_
well, say you were gambling or something & you rolled the dice, & it came up bad for you, because you wernt supposed to win so something else could happen to you later on, or something like that....

Everything happens for reason.... the reason he would of lost is because he bet on the wrong number. There is always a reason... there's no need to look deeper than cause and effect. There is always a reason.
Quote by jmilli2
There is always a reason... there's no need to look deeper than cause and effect.

i know theres no need to look deeper, but i think i would be quite interesting to know that sorta thing..
Yes and no. Some things are random. Other things are caused by something.

This answer was brought to you by SCIENCE
Quote by jmilli2
Everything happens for reason.... the reason he would of lost is because he bet on the wrong number. There is always a reason... there's no need to look deeper than cause and effect. There is always a reason.

yeah that is basically what i meant. Random causes and effects, nothing really divine about any of it in my opinion.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by frottage
yes, but who really cares?

ME

dont care if you think its sad or anything, cos that would mean i am fairly sad & i dont care XD
i believe everything happens for a reason, when bad things happen that's what makes me feel a bit better

also life would be so meaningless if there isnt some higher force watches you or something

like the force of karma
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Everything happens for a reason but a lot of it is coincidence still, the world isn't predetermined and there is no such thing as fate IMO.
Quote by Aftertime
also life would be so meaningless if there isnt some higher force watches you or something

then maybe life is meaningless, maybe theres no real point to anything
Quote by _-Joey-_
ME

dont care if you think its sad or anything, cos that would mean i am fairly sad & i dont care XD

what?
I think if a teacher yells at you, it was because you disobeyed her or you didn't do your homework. That's about the extent to what I believe. That, to me, is karma.
Quote by _-Joey-_
then maybe life is meaningless, maybe theres no real point to anything

Everyone's lives exist because I allow them to exist. That is the point to everything. In some small way you all contribute to my masterplan.
of course not, if by 'reason' you mean some divine plan. Everything happens because it has been caused to happen. Cause and effect.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
Quote by jmilli2
Everyone's lives exist because I allow them to exist. That is the point to everything. In some small way you all contribute to my masterplan.

im confused, are you saying your god?!
what if i dont believe in god?!
Quote by _-Joey-_
im confused, are you saying your god?!
what if i dont believe in god?!

No... I'm the other one.
Quote by Aftertime

Why?

I'm a big boy now . I don't need a grown-up to hold my hand!

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by _-Joey-_
fair enough
what if i dont believe in "the other one"??

Tell you what.... when you go to sleep tonight I'll appear in your dream and give you a hotdog. Tomorrow if that hasn't happened then you'll know I'm a liar.
Quote by jmilli2
Tell you what.... when you go to sleep tonight I'll appear in your dream and give you a hotdog. Tomorrow if that hasn't happened then you'll know I'm a liar.

fair enough... but i can hardly ever remember my dreams, if i have them
It was a joke. I don't care. There's a reason I didn't take philosophy.
Page 1 of 2