hey guys, i was curious, is an OFR better quality than a edge III and overall better? im thinking about swapping one out with my edge III because im sick of how crappy the metal is its made of.
Yes. OFR decimates the Edge III. And again. And again. And again.
Yes; the materials in an OFR will be more durable so the knife edge won't wear out as quickly so it will keep tuning stability longer.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by deaththrashcore
OFR better than Edge III? That's like asking if unprotected sex is still just as good. No fucking way.

Respect, yo
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Definetly. Although if you don't like trems, you won't like the OFR either.
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
guys im thinking of getting the jacko sl3, and it has some jacko version of the floyd. Could someone just tell me if that trems better or the edge pro is or, or the OFR is
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
The Edge III and almost all other liscenced Floyd Rose systems will be not as good as an Ibanez Edge Pro or an OFR. Some popele swear by the Schaller and Kahler trem systems too.

Jackson trems will be no better than Edge IIIs, though fanboys will beg to differ.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
The Edge III and almost all other liscenced Floyd Rose systems will be not as good as an Ibanez Edge Pro or an OFR. Some popele swear by the Schaller and Kahler trem systems too.

Jackson trems will be no better than Edge IIIs, though fanboys will beg to differ.

then i guess i am a fanboy

there are some bad apples like the chrome jt580(something like that), but the 0200 on mine is beast. never goes out of tune and is impossible to scratch
yhh the 0200 is what was on the sl3. Anyway ironman whats your opinions on the guitar. PM me if you dont wana clutter up this thread, and have you got msn?
Quote by Varkunus
yhh the 0200 is what was on the sl3. Anyway ironman whats your opinions on the guitar. PM me if you dont wana clutter up this thread, and have you got msn?

Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 Tremolo is a Floyd, and not a Licensed Floyd.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Dudage

bullshit, just because some trems are considered good doesnt mean all the rest are equally bad, the black trems on i think its '06 model onwards jacksons are actually pretty decent.

And as this guy says:
Quote by LP_CL
Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 Tremolo is a Floyd, and not a Licensed Floyd.

which is true

EDIT: I guess that last quote is a bit irrelevant, i thought the guy talking about the sl3 just above was the TS'er. Oh well.
Quote by Diamond Dave
bullshit, just because some trems are considered good doesnt mean all the rest are equally bad, the black trems on i think its '06 model onwards jacksons are actually pretty decent.

And as this guy says:

which is true

EDIT: I guess that last quote is a bit irrelevant, i thought the guy talking about the sl3 just above was the TS'er. Oh well.

I have never played a liscensed Jackson tremolo that was anything better than a run of the mill, sub par trem system, which is the same as the Edge III. They're fine for a while, but they won't have the longevity of an actually well built model. Nothing against Jackson guitars, they just don't sport the best trems aside from the OFRs.

No need to swear, calm right down and take your Ritalin.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
so the sl3 comes equiped with a OFR
no, its not an OFR, its a O2000
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Varkunus
so the sl3 comes equiped with a OFR

i have it in my lap right now and it says licensed floyd rose
edit: now that i look at floyd rose.com it looks a lot like a floyd rose pro>.>
Last edited by ironman1478 at May 27, 2008,
Quote by ironman1478

Case and point.

Licensed Floyd Rose and Original Floyd Rose are on totally different ends of the quality spectrum
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by ironman1478

Could it be that your SL3 is pre 2006? Its since 2006 that they come with the FRT-O2000
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by XianXiuHong
OFR ****s on Edge 3

OFR's made of forged steel

Edge 3's made of...I don't know but, it's WAY less reliable/durable than an OFR

The edge III is made of ****. You could probably make teeth marks in the whammy bar.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
OFR vs edge pro?
Quote by Varkunus
OFR vs edge pro?

That's probably more a matter of taste. I like the Edge better.
OFR, all the way. Best floating trem, except for the Kahler then.

Quote by Boz0r
That's probably more a matter of taste. I like the Edge better.

Do you really think that Floyd is going to build trems of better quality than the OFR and then call it Licensed? Thats just dumb.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at May 28, 2008,
Quote by LP_CL
Do you really think that Floyd is going to build trems of better quality than the OFR and then call it Licensed? Thats just dumb.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Floyd don't build the Edge tremolos.
^^True, but companies who build them, build them after Floyd trems, and so it has to pass Floyds eye befor a LFR may get in production. Thats what i ment with 'Floyd wont allow that there are LFR's built that are better than the original products'
Edge III and Edge Pro arent LFR's, so my point is actually total crap. I thought that the Edge III was a LFR. Anyway, it feels like a mediocre LFR to me.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at May 28, 2008,
I don't know, but I read something about Ibanez making some different improvements to the original designs like a sustain block and better tuning studs or something.

From Wikipedia:
"The Edge offers a number of improvements from the Original Floyd Rose; it contains a heavy sustain block, locking studs (for improved tuning stability), and a pop-in arm."
yeha, i read it too. I editted my post ;-)
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I think the OFR is made of better quality metals than the Edge, but IMO the Edge is a nicer design, and I used to own a 1986 Ibanez Roadstar, and the 22 year old bridge stayed in tune perfectly fine.

The reason the Edge III isn't "licensed" is because Ibanez didn't want to pay Floyd Rose any more money for every Edge they made, so they did a new design based off the Edge rather than the OFR, so they don't have to pay licensing fees.