ive been looking at les paul copies for under 500, but i also would like to know the best sg`s for under 500 dollars im kinda torn between the 62 , reissue epi, sg, and the standard epi, sg. but i want to know about the iommi, and the others. just which is the best for the buck 500.00
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
id look at agiles, you can pick one of those up for around 250-300
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Epi G-400. /thread.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Epi G-400. /thread.

Yep, pretty much
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
Epiphone G-400 (regular, Deluxe or Faded are all fine) for straight-up traditional SG style and tone. ESP/LTD Viper series if you want something more metal-orientated, and a Vintage VS6 if you want something more blues-orientated.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
^those don't have the best Quality control ever.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
thanx for posting guys i all ready have a couple of metal guitars. my two jacksons are more than enough, but i need a guitar for more classic rock. my daughters arc-100 is a big hunk of mahogany and kills my back after about an hour of jamming. this is where the interest in the sg arose. sounds like the sg-400 is the winner. i`ll have to go down to gc and play all these different guitars. its a shame i cant play an agile b-4 buying too. thanx everyone.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
I would suggest either taking a look at the Samick Torino TR4 (it has a mahogany body; disregard the website) or the Hagstrom F-200.

I own a G400 and it is decent enough.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at May 27, 2008,
i happen to know where a samick torino is, used in a pawn shop for around 350. is that a good price 4 a torino in good condition? it`s beautiful.........thanx
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by mig-29
i happen to know where a samick torino is, used in a pawn shop for around 350. is that a good price 4 a torino in good condition? it`s beautiful.........thanx

If it's a TR3 or TR4, that seems like a good price.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.