Deer sweet jesus.

Lack of capitilization, use of is instead of are...

Opeth are disturbingly good live.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
As UG's self-proclaimed #1 BFMV fan (in Greeneville, TN) It is my duty to tell you:

BFMV IS NOT CONSIDERED METAL HERE!

Very sad, I know

I've not seen to many concerts, and the ones I have weren't considered "metal" just hard rock.

I've heard COB are quite amazing
Quote by Gunslinger_3
BFMV is the **** live. So is killswitch engage and avenged sevenfold. ive seen both of them twice!

ARE!

BFMV ARE...

SO ARE...!!!

FUCK!

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
^^You

Quote by Gunslinger_3
BFMV is the **** live. So is killswitch engage and avenged sevenfold. ive seen both of them twice!

and you...

Are going to the 10th circle of hell.
Quote by hawkseye247
bullet for my valentine is amazing live!!!

You're a complete failure at life.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Quote by Gunslinger_3

No. None of them are good at anything. Creating generic noise that is the equivalent of people farting into their instruments isn't music and it isn't good. Go home.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)

The question posed by TS isnt stupid, but he asked it in the most profoundly stupid way possible.

But I think Suffocation and Napalm Death were the best bands Ive seen live, in terms of showmanship, tightness, endurance, crowd interaction and professionalism.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by gab4554
Dragonforce!!!!!

just kidding

Phew, scared me...all i saw when the page was loading was Dragonforce!!!!!

then i scrolled down and i was relieved.
Quote by Stranglehold
The question posed by TS isnt stupid, but he asked it in the most profoundly stupid way possible.

But I think Suffocation and Napalm Death were the best bands Ive seen live, in terms of showmanship, tightness, endurance, crowd interaction and professionalism.

Seeing them both in 8 days
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Deer sweet jesus.

Lack of capitilization, use of is instead of are...

Opeth are disturbingly good live.

I believe "is" is correct in this title. Bands are singular. You don't say there are 5 Opeths. There is 1 Opeth.

I'd be more concerned about the "Y"...

Also +1.

And Dream Theater.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
I believe "is" is correct in this title. Bands are singular. You don't say there are 5 Opeths. There is 1 Opeth.

I'd be more concerned about the "Y"...

Also +1.

And Dream Theater.

Some people refer to bands as plural, while others refer to it as singular.
No, bands *usually* consist of 2+ people.

You never say

"Those guys is good live"

rather

"Those guys are good live"

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
No, bands *usually* consist of 2+ people.

You never say

"Those guys is good live"

rather

"Those guys are good live"

But he's just talking about the bands, the individual unit that is formed from the combined efforts of the members. But whatever, like Avedas said, to each his own.

Clearly we can hate "Y" instead.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by HighPotency
Phew, scared me...all i saw when the page was loading was Dragonforce!!!!!

then i scrolled down and i was relieved.

heh

we all know dragonforce sucks live
Out of all the bands I've seen, Nightwish, Symphony X, Anthrax, Judas Priest, Queensryche, Megadeth, and Arch Enemy

also who has seen Firewind or Dark Tranquillity live? I'm gonna see them on Friday
Nile were ****ing epic live and Maiden were cool because Bruce Dickinson was running around the whole time, shining spotlights at people.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Nile are horrible live

Quote by GID (Shamrock)

Unfortunatly the only metal shows I've been to were for local acts.
Up the Punx!
I don't understand why all of the idiots come out every time a thread like this pops up, do they just lurk and swarm them as soon as they are created?

That being said, of the bands that I've seen, Eluveite, Tyr, Turisas, and Ensiferum were great live, although Tyr did lack in stage presence, but they made up for it in performance.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
But he's just talking about the bands, the individual unit that is formed from the combined efforts of the members. But whatever, like Avedas said, to each his own.

Maybe he was talking about Ayreon, which would easily make the best concert of my life, ever. Imagine all the guest musicians standing beside Arjen... *eyes tear up*
Napalm Death back in "the day", definitely. Iced Earth are fucking great too.
"Oh, it's just you." - Famous Last Words
Quote by BringMeTheCalm

it doesn't matter if you think of a band as a unit... usually when you use a pronoun to describe the band its "they," same with "How did the *insert sports team here* do last game?" "They did well". No ones gonna say he, or she, cause theres more than one, and it is silly because it degrades the value of the band. So they, which is plural, and goes with "are"

also Necrophagist, Municipal Waste, Death Angel, Arsis, and Decapitated are all great live. Why? Lots of energy, great moshpits, they sing with the crowd and help us headbang well, and their songs rock. Plus, Municipal Waste let people boogey board the crowd. YAH!

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by Terror Kovenant
Nile are horrible live

Lol, I love how you "harmlessly" come into a thread and just throw your opinion out like it is fact and like the other person is wrong

Too bad I'll never be able to see Nile if I stay in Canada though. They've got some ban here (or if not, then maybe they have some sort of "beef" with us). You know, some of us Canadians know aboot our metal.
I've found Jesus