I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now and I've decided to give bass a try. From your experiance, does BC Rich make nice bass guitars? I'm especially interested in the Zombie Exotic Classic and the Heritage Classic Mockingbird. I love the design but does anyone know how they sound? Thanks folks
Quote by VoodooChild15
I used to take my penis out and touch stuff with it when no one was looking.

Quote by teensean
THANK YOU!!! i love you Snyde_Platypus!!!

I explained "lulz" =D
Listen to some early poison. I think Bobby only used B.C. Rich on Open Up
Then again he did stop using them.
But I think the thig about B.C. Rich is that they build their guitars for looks.
You should look for some of their guitars that are built for quality.
Last edited by matt-attack at May 27, 2008,
B.C Rich makes amazing basses

Quote by matt-attack
Listen to some early poison. I think Bobby only used B.C. Rich on Open Up

nikki sixx from motley crue played a warlock bass for the longest time
gene simmons also had a b.c rich bass for a while.
well BC rich guitars are complete ****, so my guess the bass' wouldnt be much better, although Triviums Bass player uses 1, but his is worth an arm, a leg, and your first born son
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
What would you reccomend? I can't stand Fender or the whole Strat look. So anything by Fender/Fender-looking is out. I have About $700 to spend.
Quote by VoodooChild15
I used to take my penis out and touch stuff with it when no one was looking.

Quote by teensean
THANK YOU!!! i love you Snyde_Platypus!!!

I explained "lulz" =D
One word:

Ibanez. Take a look at the SRX590, SR500, ATK300 or some of the higher end BTB basses. If you want a jazzy thump, you might also want to take a look at their Artcore range. Pretty looking bad boys.

Failing that, Schecter make some great basses for under $700.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
BC Rich bass guitars usually follow suit of their six string brothers. The lower priced ones are almost always terrible, but the upper priced ones, and specifically the mockingbirds, are pretty good. In short, don't expect to pay less than $500 for a decent BC Rich. If you do not want to spend that much, I reccomend the ever popular Ibanez, or if you really want to look different, Traben makes some decent basses. Traben, although not as good as Ibanez, are still pretty good.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
I have a platinum series warlock, I got it uesd for like $200, the only bad thing about it was the electronics, which i replaced later, so yeah they are pretty nice, just stay away from the ones aimed at beginners.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I was hovering between the Ibanez SRXs and the Mockingbirds (BTBs too ugly) and I went for the Ibanez (SRX590) because I liked the neck better. Nothing's wrong with the Mockingbird bass though, if you like it get it.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by Snyde_Platypus
What would you reccomend? I can't stand Fender or the whole Strat look. So anything by Fender/Fender-looking is out. I have About $700 to spend.

I would recommend not caring about looks and getting the bass you like the feel and tone of. Fenders are ther best selling basses inthe world because they are damn good.

Also, is that $700 covering an amp as well? Remember a guitar amp will not work for bass, and will probably damage your gutiar gear.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Last edited by gm jack at May 28, 2008,
Neither J nor P's actually look that much like a strat, but I would say split your funds around halfway, half for the amp, half for the bass, go look at the FAQ for some ideas, that's what it's there for, there is a list of good beginner gear
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
BC Rich make crappy guitars and as consistand as they are they also make crappy basses.

So tip of the week: Don't buy a BC Rich but get something good for your money. If you insist on getting a guitar/bass with a "metal" look there is plenty of brands in the same range that are so much better.

If yo want to spend 700 buck look at spector or Rockbass by warwick or Ibanez.
This schecter also looks real nice, dark color and black hardware:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Stiletto-Custom4-Bass?sku=513049

Defenately worth trying out. Just don't get a BC Rich you will regret it in the long run.

As for Gene Simmons... he is so overrated so the fact that he plays one says nothing. As for Nikki Sixx, he also plays a Thunderbird.... I rest my case.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
personally i like bc richs (i played a virgo in a shop & it felt solid). but as with most things in life you get what you paid for, so i expect the higher end bc riches are good quality. so, id say the zombie should be a good bet.