Hey guys, not really trying to troll or start a flame war, just looking for some opinions.

About a month ago I picked up a alpine white Gibby les paul studio. It's one of the nice studio's i've played, some sound/play/feel like crap. So seeing as i had a 10w fender practice amp I wanted to do a bit of an upgrade when I got this guitar, and my parents wont let me get a half stack for reasons of space and sound restriction. So I was going for a marshall and decided that i'm diggin the mg50dfx cause I can afford it and its not HUGE.

Now after I have it, it seems like on the internet this is the worst amp I could possibly get. I can get some nice cleans and some pretty decent distortion, I want to pick up a HEAVY metal pedal just for kicks. Now anywho why does everyone hate these amps? I mean it's no oldschool marshall but hey its pretty damn decent.
Please delete this thread. We get this EXACT thread about once a week and it always gets closed. Use the search bar.
*Reported*
Poor quality, lousy overdrive, sub par cleans, not to mention there a much better amps in the price range. The 10 watt versions aren't that bad since they are so cheap but even then you could just get a microcube and still be better off. Develop an ear for tone and decide if that MG is still good.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Poor quality, lousy overdrive, sub par cleans, not to mention there a much better amps in the price range. The 10 watt versions aren't that bad since they are so cheap but even then you could just get a microcube and still be better off. Develop an ear for tone and decide if that MG is still good.

yeah. This just about sums it up. A suitable tube amp in that range is the Peavey Valveking 112.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.