Hey all,
I recently decided that I really wanted to learn how to play guitar. From what I've read around here it is more important to start on a guitar that suits the music you enjoy (as far as acoustic vs electric) So of course, I decided electric. I do not have any equipment right now so I will need anything that is required. guitar, amp, etc. It sounds like the Roland Micro Cube is the way to go for a beginning amp, but I am still unsure about the guitar. I want to play music similar to Rise Against, The Used, Taking Back Sunday, Green Day, Blink 182, Story of the Year, Senses Fail. Can anyone recommend a guitar that is similar in sound to these types of bands?

I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible.

Thanks in advance.
I think an Epi LP100 would be a good choice, or maybe a Squier Vintage Modified Fat Strat.
i got and ESP h-seires that runs about 200.00 and its a great begginer guitar look ---> http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_h.html
the last one (H-51)
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
pop-punk bands tend to be gibson fans mostly... whats your budget? i agree that an Epi LP may be what you need
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
just dont get a starter pack.....

save a little longer or whatever to get something a little better. I got a squire pack for my first, it wasnt bad, the amp was the worst thing ever. I feel my mum should of waited and let me spend a bit more $$ after xmas. but hey was stoopid and just wanted a damn guitar

get an epi or a decent squire, and get a half decent amp..
I'd say a fender MIM (standard) HSS stratocaster and the Microcube, or a Vox Valvetronix AD15VT.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Khann
I had an ESP LTD H-50 and it was a really great guitar.

agreed, the esp/ltd 50's are great guitars for the price
is this the one you guys are referring to?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Special-II-Electric-Guitar?sku=518334

I'm not on a super strict budget, but this will be my very first guitar. I definitely don't plan on quitting, but if for some reason I truly didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't want to be in the hole 500$ I'd like to keep it under or around $300 if possible
I'd really look at the ESP/LTD H-51, as it doesn't go out of tune often. Guitars that go out of tune often (most starter guitars) are a real pain in the ass.
so, if you're looking for around 300$, would you be willing to go up a bit? found a nice beginner LP for 330$, here's the link

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top?sku=517413V
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal