Am I the only one who keeps their backplate off, does anyone else do this?

I don't know*, but to me the guitar always looked cooler and of higher quality without the cheap plastic backplate on the back. What do you guys do?
Last edited by Rhoads92 at May 27, 2008,
Easily the simplest and most common "mod" performed to a strat
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
unless you playd ur guitar backwards, who would know?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I leave it off, but that's only because I mess with the springs and claw occasionally and don't see a need to have it on.
I had mine off for some time, mostly because I lost it, but it is useful for quick adjustments to the springs and claw. I've since found it but it stays off because I've been trying to float the trem just right for about a month.
SRV did.

That's more than enough reason.

Some people say it makes your guitar have better tone, but i don't see how.
Woohoo.
^ive heard that it affects tone too. but using that logic, you should go with out a pickgaurd too.
plus if it did change the tone, you would negate the removal by playing the guitar against your body.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Pickguard affects tone too, a wooden pickguard will make your strat sound (logically) woodier, not to mention cause it to feedback more like an acoustic electric.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
mine has been off ever since my first string change. too much hassle to take it on an off. and like mentioned above it allows easy access to spring Claw changes.

Maybe I should put it back on and see if it makes a major tone change. Frooosh has his off and i don't see anything wrong with his tone but then again....

;
EJ has his off
SRV had his off

I don't see a reason why I shouldn't have it off .

I like how I have easier access to the claw and stuff. It looks cooler too IMO.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
mine has been off ever since my first string change. too much hassle to take it on an off. and like mentioned above it allows easy access to spring Claw changes.

Maybe I should put it back on and see if it makes a major tone change. Frooosh has his off and i don't see anything wrong with his tone but then again....

;

i cant stand his tone. but i doubt its because he doesnt have his backplate on.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Last edited by chea_man at May 28, 2008,
yeah, i guess every now and then i get a buckle or button caught in there but it never caused a problem. I also taped the ground wire down flat against the back. i guess worst case is you would accidentally pull a spring out with you belt buckle or something but that seems rare and easy to fix. point is, don't thrust that hard even if it feels good lol

PS - good question for Electric Guitar Forum.

;