today i went to guitar center to trade in my mint conditioned no scratch rr3 (crimson swirl paint) that retails for 750$ new, i decided on the schecter c1 hellraiser which was retailing for 700$, after about 30 min of waiting for this idiot he wanted 350 cash and my rr3 for the hellraiser, seein how the hellraiser was off the shelf and he was only giving me like 300 for my rr3 i tryed to get him to lower the price a little bit, he then got pissed said i was just beating him up at this point and this was a steal so he took the deal completely off the table and just walked away, i personally think it wasnt a great deal at all so i told him id take my business elsewhere but wat do you guys think?
He was trying to rip you off.
What don't you like about the RR3 anyway?
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
to be honest i think the floyd is a pain, and the fact that the body hinders playing sitting down and i think its harder to access the upper frets cuz its not cut away all the way if that makes sence
mint condition should resell for probably 500-ish. that guy was just trying to screw you over so he could make a big commission.
Quote by Nelli2881
to be honest i think the floyd is a pain, and the fact that the body hinders playing sitting down and i think its harder to access the upper frets cuz its not cut away all the way if that makes sence

Umm

1.Most metal guitarists like and use floyds, even though they are a pain.

2.If you put the left horn between your legs a v is one of the most comfortable sitting down shapes of all

3. Since there is no guitar body whatsoever around the upper frets, I don't see how it makes reaching them harder.

And to TS, you made the right decision, a rr3 IMO should trade about even for a C-1 Hellraiser, if your guitar was, as you say, in near mint condition.
Up the Punx!
just cuz MOST metal guitarists like it doesnt mean I like it, second when you put the horns in between my legs it could easily chip away at the paint also im not the biggest of ppl so when you do that the neck sticks out further and becomes comfortable
try selling on UG?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
standard for guitar center is 50% off from retail -additional 10-20%.

this is what all sales guys come back with on all trades.

so yeah that's how they make money. they in turn double the price they buy it for.

any used item bought at gc was aquired by them for half that price.

tell them to shove it up their ass and go on craigslist.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011