So my mom's friend said that if I could learn Marooned by Pink Floyd and play it exactly like the album, he would buy me a guitar less than $500. So what I'm asking you is, does anyone know if the BOSS GT-6 's whammy pedal could be set an octave higher? If not how else could I do that? The Song requires one, so ya
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Idk how you could but i want my mom to have a "friend" like that
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by nemjeff13
Idk how you could but i want my mom to have a "friend" like that

Yes it does have it's benefits

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Are you sure that your mom's "friend" isn't asking for more than that?

If you know what I mean...
Quote by klb93
Dude, he's gay. asshole

So what?

what is so offensive about the joke I said?

BTW, I was joking you idiot.
Kind of offensive because it's personal.

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Quote by klb93
Kind of offensive because it's personal.

WTH?

Am I missing something?

What did him being gay have anything to do with anything?
No you're talking **** like he's trying to get in my mom's pants or some **** like that. Get a clue jackass. Not a big deal, get over it.

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
he's trying to get in klb's pants, buying him a guitar and all. anyway, you can get it to go an octave up, i used to have one, i forget how though
Quote by klb93
No you're talking **** like he's trying to get in my mom's pants or some **** like that. Get a clue jackass. Not a big deal, get over it.

You are such an idiot, it is not even funny.
Quote by hellocomatose
he's trying to get in klb's pants, buying him a guitar and all. anyway, you can get it to go an octave up, i used to have one, i forget how though

Dude, don't joke with him becuase he will snack on you cause of his idiotic brain and lack sense of humor.
Woah, ok guys. Calm down. I don't think anyone meant anything personal, it was just as simple as a "Your Mom" joke.

But in short I do believe the Digitech Whammy Pedal CAN do an octave higher, but the same effect could be achieved with an octave pedal. I really liked the idea of a whammy pedal until I tried it, they sound really digital. Like every guitar I ran through sounded the same. Kind of disappointing, but that's what octave pedals and floating trems are for I guess lol.
Quote by Graveworm
You are such an idiot, it is not even funny.

What are you talking about? lmao, we must have a big misunderstanding. It's all good though.

Thanks for the input hellocomatos, atleast the helpful part. But yeah I already figured it out, called a Pedal Bend, it pretty much works the same.

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Quote by Graveworm
Dude, don't joke with him becuase he will snack on you cause of his idiotic brain and lack sense of humor.

My idiotic brain? I'm liking your grammar.

edusty2010, I have a BOSS GT-6. It's one of those pedalboards that have the whole rig set up on it, anyways I got it all set up. And you're right, they do sound pretty bad imo. My next guitar is definitely going to have a FR Trem on it.

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Quote by klb93
My idiotic brain? I'm liking your grammar.

edusty2010, I have a BOSS GT-6. It's one of those pedalboards that have the whole rig set up on it, anyways I got it all set up. And you're right, they do sound pretty bad imo. My next guitar is definitely going to have a FR Trem on it.

OH NOOOZ THE INTERNETZ HAVZ BECOMES TEH ESSAYZ!

You shouldn't be making funny of people's grammar, when yours isn't prefected.
Dont go out and by the 500 dollar guitar, save up a little more and go with something in the 600-750 dollar range, you typically end up with much more bang for you buck ;P
Quote by Graveworm
OH NOOOZ THE INTERNETZ HAVZ BECOMES TEH ESSAYZ!

You shouldn't be making funny of people's grammar, when yours isn't prefected.

Well I'm gettin off now, I'm gonna go play my guitar, instead of sitting here arguing (sp?) like a bunch of bitches

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Quote by klb93
Well I'm gettin off now, I'm gonna go play my guitar, instead of sitting here arguing (sp?) like a bunch of bitches

and nothing of value was lost.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
sorry to double post, but you seriously need to learn that the internet =/= serious business.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!