Haven't used this pedal in particular, but DOD's are usually great bang for buck pedals.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
waste of money until you get a new amp

EDIT: sorry, i only saw the ibanez amp in your sig. id say it'd be worth a shot. could you try it at a store first? and for $50 you really can't go wrong... just as long as your not expecting the be all end all of compressors
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Haven't used this pedal in particular, but DOD's are usually great bang for buck pedals.

ok. thanks.
and to red star, when i first saw that i thought you had already seen my new amp. i was gonna say something but then you edited so it's all good. and i'm not looking for a be-all/end-all of compressors. just something that will help me get the tone/sustain boost i'm looking for. thanks for the input.
Last edited by ortrigger at May 27, 2008,
Quote by stephen_rettie
get an OD

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll

my thought exactly. why would i need an OD when i'm asking about COMPRESSOR pedals. with my amp i don't even need an OD.
Quote by ortrigger
my thought exactly. why would i need an OD when i'm asking about COMPRESSOR pedals. with my amp i don't even need an OD.

In any event, I bought a used Maxon CP101 for $75 and I love it. It's very transparent sounding.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
In any event, I bought a used Maxon CP101 for $75 and I love it. It's very transparent sounding.

well, i don't have quite that much to spend but thanks for the input everybody.
You're looking for boost and sustain, a bad monkey could do that. I would say atleast give it a try.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
You're looking for boost and sustain, a bad monkey could do that. I would say atleast give it a try.

that's from digi-tech right? i really don't want a digital sound...
The Maxon CP101 is second best only to the Keely IMHO! I got the Maxon for 80 bucks used, and it is WORTH IT! As facing say's it is VERY transparent and just makes you sound better (hard to explain!) You may want to try some compression pedals out...but a good comression pedal (that doesn't color your tone) is worth the extra couple bucks.

Good Luck

Quote by FacingUsAll
Quote by ortrigger

I don't think you should get it but I'm just gunna defend the Bad Monkey.

It is the best OD I've used minus OCD and an old tube sscreamer.

But back on topic, that DOD looks alright...try it out if you can.
Rather than start a new topic I though I would post here. I just bought an old DOD fx80-b compressor sustainer off my friends dad for £20 and I was just wondering what people think of these and also what exactly do the different nobs do (level, release and compression)?
Quote by ortrigger

I dont have an opinion... but I want to claify this. Even though it has DIGI in its name, the Bad Monkey is all analog. Its very good for its price. (not saying you shoudl get it or need it...no opinion here)
Quote by Kevin Saale

an od!
ods add compression
Quote by stephen_rettie
an od!
ods add compression

Ever think that he doesn't want distortion?
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I have a Boss CS-3 and that does the job quite nicely. As you'd expect with compression pedals they basically get rid of quite alot of tone, but then it depends on the application. I use the CS-3 for say the start of Shine On Your Crazy diamond by Pink Floyd and it chucking nails it.
Consider the Boss CS-3.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Ever think that he doesn't want distortion?

you just nailed it on the head. i want the compression but i don't need any extra overdrive or distortion.