well, i've been writing a song and I want to put music in it...
I want the song to be in Aminor Pentatonic..
so what's chords can be played in that scale and why?

sorry for my bad english...
anything in the key of C major will work for the A minor pentatonic scale. C major is all the natural chords. ABCDEFG no sharps or flats. I would recommend you use scales as a soloing guidline and not a restriction.

this may help

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php?scch=A&scchnam=Pentatonic+Minor&get2=Get
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Last edited by rebeltildeth87 at May 27, 2008,
Just like the A minor scale, just that it doesn't contain the 2nd or the flatted 6th. Thus Am 1st, Bdim but that's the 2nd, C 3rd, Dm 4th, Em 5th, F but that's the 6th I was saying, and finally G. Caps are majors by the way and m=minor, dim=diminished, and you could use them because each of those chords contains all the notes in the A minor scale. But, the pentatonic doesn't have the 2nd or flatted 6th like I said, but you might be able to get away with that depending on how you want it all to sound.
about the chord progression..can I just use any of those chords in any order?
basically yes. this is where theory helps you.
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
o, no problem dude. weve all been there