i've been doing lots of push ups lately and i was wondering if they really help develop arm strength or not so much?
Do I look like a gym instructor?

There's a bodybuilding thread around here somewhere...
Bodybuilding thread. You should get better answers there.

And, from what I know of, they build up mainly your pecs. You should do curls and pull ups for arm strength methinks.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Yeah. But go till you can't go any more. I'm actually trying to do stuff like that so if you have questions, PM me.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by lolcats
There's a bodybuilding thread around here somewhere...
Yes there is.

And yes push ups help, as long as you're doing them right.

Whatever your upper body weighs you're essentially lifting that weight when you do a pushup, even more if your legs are elevated.

Lifting stuff tends to build strength.
Pecs, biceps, and abdomen afaik
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
You sound pretty pathetic. I suggest **** Push-ups. The **** is a muscle, you should learn how to flex it. Never know when you're going to need to f*** yourself out of a tight situation.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
pushups will really only tone you. if you want to build muscle mass try free-weights
Quote by black-sabbath
You sound pretty pathetic. I suggest **** Push-ups. The **** is a muscle, you should learn how to flex it. Never know when you're going to need to f*** yourself out of a tight situation.

Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny!

I demand an e-cookie!
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Quote by saint22
pushups will really only tone you. if you want to build muscle mass try free-weights

+1.

or at least some kind of weights, but free weights help produce more natural and balanced strength
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by black-sabbath

As smart as Jack Black is, the **** is not in fact a muscle, rather a soft tissue. Now that our anatomy lesson is over, yes pushups will help you to build strength in your arms, but if you have the choice to lift weights you should do that instead so that you do fewer reps with more weight.
Quote by black-sabbath

haha...you are witty
yes, but only if you keep it a challenge. Add 5 pushups to your routine every three days, that's what I do.
they won't make you look all ripped (unless you do nothing but push-ups for years)
but they are a good endurance builder

but breathe while your doing it

then you can do hundreds in one sitting
Quote by neopowell
Killing yourself seems like the only simple solution.