Alright, so I have a cheep Electric Guitar, that I got a couple months ago. I liked it at first but then came to know that it wasn't right for me. I've learned that the Acoustic is right for me. I'm still a beginner so I don't want anything too fancy. I've already found the Acoustic Guitar I THINK I want (Click Here)

I might buy it or might not. I'm going to soon begin taking private lessons from the guy at my local music store, Music & Arts. I'm going to go up there and look at some Acoustics and things one day and buy one with ALL the stuff I'm going to need.

Thats where I have some questions. As a beginner, what all will I need?

This is what I know of :

-Guitar
-Case
-Capo
-Tuning Device
-Extra Strings (for each string)
-String Removing Tool (something like this, seen one before)
-Music Stand
-Guitar Stand
-Picks
-Cloth

I need suggestions on all of the above for brands, ect.

I also need to know if I left anything out or what. Let me know if you have any other tips or ideas that could help me!

Thanks a Bunch!

One more thing, would it be useful to go ahead and get an Acoustic Electric? I have an Amp.
Last edited by GamecockFan at May 28, 2008,
BIG TIP #1

be sure to play it before you buy it.
Also if your not sure, ask your teacher.
Don't eorry about the string removal tool. I've never heard of one, and I don't see why you would need one. Don't forget picks.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
A string unwinder is a useful tool, but not needed. You probably won't use a capo either, but I guess it's nice to have one.
Quote by philipp122
Don't eorry about the string removal tool. I've never heard of one, and I don't see why you would need one. Don't forget picks.

Added Picks. Thanks!
-Guitar
-Case
-Tuning Device
-Extra Strings (for each string)
-Picks
-Cloth to wipe strings and whatnot
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
I don't think you'll need a capo.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401