What if Kennedy sends in the United States Armed Forces to aid the uprising against Castro?

Say Castro is eventually overthrown, Kennedy isn't assassinated, and there is no Vietnam War. Is World War III a possibility?

Does anyone have an idea of how this could push the Soviet Union so far as to start the next world war?

Sorry bout this Pit i've been working on thie paper for 6 hours and I need to end it with a bang. Any help would be awesome
Quote by Kensai
When I wear it I have to fight off women with a stick. Ifyouknowwhatimean.

Quote by daytripper75
Today, 2:51pm EST: Prodigy179 has officially hit puberty.

They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me!
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
What if Kennedy sends in the United States Armed Forces to aid the uprising against Castro?

he did didn't he?

Say Castro is eventually overthrown, Kennedy isn't assassinated, and there is no Vietnam War. Is World War III a possibility?

perhaps...but since they both has nuclear arms out the ass i dun think either nation would be that stupid

Does anyone have an idea of how this could push the Soviet Union so far as to start the next world war?

cuba n teh soviet union were allies no? it would be just like how ww1 started, a country attacks another country that is allied w/ more countries

Sorry bout this Pit i've been working on thie paper for 6 hours and I need to end it with a bang. Any help would be awesome

just turn the original assignment question into a statement...for the conclusion, jesus kids :rollseyes:
Quote by leonardo.kornuto
You're pretty

ty
Last edited by ++BuCkEtHeAd++ at May 27, 2008,
i dont think that taking over cuba would mean WW3 with the soviets. cuba would've probably been the 51st state and/or a nice resort.
The Cold war would eventually end because naked snake killed colonel Volgin and destroyed the shagohod.

but seriously.
I suppose it could have happened.
communism versus America and allies.
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
Well, if the States had overthrown Castro, they would have gotten control of the ICBMs put in Cuba by USSR, but this would also make the Soviets extremely angry. They would probably demand that the US give them back their missiles and there would have been another event like the Cuba Missile Crisis, with the Soviets threatening to use the nukes they have against the States if they didn't return their missiles. If JFK was President, he would have negotiated out a deal with the Soviets like he did with the real Missile Crisis. As for Vietnam, JFK would never send troops there. Whether or not Cuba was Communist or not, it would not have affected his decision to invade Vietnam.
WTF? Doesn't anyone have the URL for Google anymore?

Seriously, do your own f***ing homework.

Besides, everyone knows that both Kennedy and Cuba were invented by the liberal media and don't really exist.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Dude... You can't do any serious report on "what if" History. I did not happen, you don't talk about it... Otherwise, its pure speculation... Thats what the senstionalist shows on history channel are for.
WW3

USSR finally has something happen where the radicals in favor of war get their reason and BOOM! (but on the other hand you don't have to write a paper)
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by ++BuCkEtHeAd++

he did didn't he?

perhaps...but since they both has nuclear arms out the ass i dun think either nation would be that stupid

cuba n teh soviet union were allies no? it would be just like how ww1 started, a country attacks another country that is allied w/ more countries

just turn the original assignment question into a statement...for the conclusion, jesus kids :rollseyes:

he sure as hell didnt send in United States Armed Forces
Oh, forgot to add one more thing.
World War 3 really cannot happen, especially between the USA and USSR. If they went to war, it would be an all-out nuclear war, and it would be over as soon as it began. The nukes would be launched at each other, nothing would be able to be done and the world would pretty much cease to exist.
Quote by pinkfloyder1000
Oh, forgot to add one more thing.
World War 3 really cannot happen, especially between the USA and USSR. If they went to war, it would be an all-out nuclear war, and it would be over as soon as it began. The nukes would be launched at each other, nothing would be able to be done and the world would pretty much cease to exist.

You mean humans would cease to exist. The earth itself would be just fine.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Quote by Garou1911
You mean humans would cease to exist. The earth itself would be just fine.

Well, most of the earth would be craters, so I guess I meant "The world as we know it would cease to exist"

But yes, like you said, humans would pretty much be done.
Quote by zepzepzep86
he sure as hell didnt send in United States Armed Forces

:\ haven't had american history in 5 years it wuz teh rebels that tried to overthrow him...i flail
Quote by leonardo.kornuto
You're pretty

ty
Quote by basspriest
Dude... You can't do any serious report on "what if" History. I did not happen, you don't talk about it... Otherwise, its pure speculation... Thats what the senstionalist shows on history channel are for.

yea well we've already taken the AP test and our final so its basically an end of the year project. Everyone had to come up with their own topic and write a "what if?" essay on it.
Quote by Kensai
When I wear it I have to fight off women with a stick. Ifyouknowwhatimean.

Quote by daytripper75
Today, 2:51pm EST: Prodigy179 has officially hit puberty.

They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me!
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Quote by pinkfloyder1000
Well, most of the earth would be craters, so I guess I meant "The world as we know it would cease to exist"

But yes, like you said, humans would pretty much be done.

Well, sure at first. But given a couple hundred million years, things would be back to how they were. Couple new species and the odd plastic relic hanging around, but otherwise no worse for wear.

The earth is very old, and we as a species are very young. There's pretty much nothing we can do to harm the earth that it can't eventually recover from.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
If Kennedy had sent US ground forces into Cuba Keith Richards would have been the only survivor.
Kennedy did not start the US involvement in Viet Nam. Eisenhower did. Learn what you are trying to revise.
You have "Creative Writing" confused with "History"
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by ++BuCkEtHeAd++
:\ haven't had american history in 5 years it wuz teh rebels that tried to overthrow him...i flail

cmon now, u made a mistake. dont be so hard on urself. the pit forgives you
Quote by Jackal58
If Kennedy had sent US ground forces into Cuba Keith Richards would have been the only survivor.
Kennedy did not start the US involvement in Viet Nam. Eisenhower did. Learn what you are trying to revise.
You have "Creative Writing" confused with "History"

actually, Lyndon Johnson was the President who involved the States in Vietnam.