Page 1 of 4
I'm going with Bit Crusher, at least until someone explains it to me and shows me how to make it not suck.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Dan Electro every one of them. Sorry DE fans
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by modernp

Just like you don't judge Marshall based on it crappy MG series, don't judge Danelectro based on its crappy FAB series... some Dani stuff is quite good!

Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
I don't judge dan electro because of the fab series. I think their whole line from whenever is bad. I don't care for any pedal that sucks your tone and that includes boss also. But thats just me.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
in the first video that sounds like a ring modulator, which can be quite cool.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
im gonna say flange and phaser. i just dont like them at all. they sound stupid to me.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
boss mt-2. not just because it's crap, but because a lot of people I jam with use them and I have to hear them all the goddamn time.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by yoyodunno
Ampeg scrambler, look it up.

I love that pedal...

at least the original issue
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by schecter ftw
I searched but didn't find a thread on this. What do you consider to be the worst effect ever made??? I consider this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1qCczGgSxw&feature=related

That effect isn't so terrible. It sounds terrible with what he's playing. If played something less conventional it might be pretty cool. You'd just have to be creative with it. Anyways it sounds like something Mike Einziger (Incubus) would use.
Quote by papersun87
Chorus. Can't stand it most of the time. Which is like 99 times out of 100.

I love chorus... to each their own I guess (i'm a big fan of the chorus sound of good old andy summers).

The worst effect ever made.... are any fuzz boxes used badly. IE the tone Keef gets on Sypmathy for the devil. Yes I did just go there, it is nasally and annoying. THERE Have been those who are GOOD at using fuzz (HENDRIX, John McLaughlin, Zappa etc etc),
In general, the phaser. I haven't found a use for one yet, except as a doorstop.
The single worst pedal I've played would have to be the Boss Fuzz.
I think a phaser put really slow works nice when playing chords, ie chord based songs.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
For the record: Flanger > Phaser.

There aren't really any effects that I dislike. As long you use them with good taste and in moderation.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
also, I dont really like delay, I just find no use for it. I hate slapback and it just doesn't soundgood to me except for long delay SOMETIMES.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by kosmic
As long you use them with good taste and in moderation.
Quoted for truth.
Quote by Sid McCall
I'm going with Bit Crusher, at least until someone explains it to me and shows me how to make it not suck.

It's AMAZING, but not great for guitar. I could do some recordings as examples, but I'm wayyy too lazy.

I can't think of an effect that isn't somehow neat or useful.
Chorus kinda sounds like syrup on the music if you know what I mean. Its ok sometimes but it can get on my nerves.

Also, Oscilating.
Reverb...... The enemy of good tone.. Destroyer of distortion... total noobsville.
Turn It Off.
(unless youre after the cool crashing sound when you kick a spring reverb)
Shut up and play your guitar!
Harmonic Percolator? I guess it'd be really hard to make it sound good, and even then only a handful of people would like it. Then again, I like noise if it's done correctly...

These guys make really weird effects too. Still, I don't have a "worse effect ever created." I think all of them can be used effectively... Some are just harder to do so with than others...
Tremolo pedal/effect.

I think they are just pointless.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Quote by modernp

Have you ever played a Reel Echo?! I highly doubt it, friend
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
you play a reel echo? i play a guitar.

furthermore.. you drive a stick???
Shut up and play your guitar!
Quote by DarkPsychedelia
Harmonic Percolator? I guess it'd be really hard to make it sound good, and even then only a handful of people would like it. Then again, I like noise if it's done correctly...

These guys make really weird effects too. Still, I don't have a "worse effect ever created." I think all of them can be used effectively... Some are just harder to do so with than others...

+1
Quote by plbrynt
you play a reel echo? i play a guitar.

furthermore.. you drive a stick???

tis true my friend
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by modernp
I don't judge dan electro because of the fab series. I think their whole line from whenever is bad. I don't care for any pedal that sucks your tone and that includes boss also. But thats just me.

the cool cat series is true bypass. no tone-sucking. nobody is in any position to judge danelectro at the moment, because i don't think anyone has even tried the cool cat series just yet.

every effect can be useful in the right hands. even bit crushers. my dad was in this band in the late '70s or early '80s where at one of the practices some guy connected this huge homemade FX pedal in between his bass and the amp, and it made his bass sound like a motorbike engine.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at May 28, 2008,
I detest ping pong delays and long delays. I used to hate delay altogether, but now I realize I just hated that. I love my AD9 to death for its slapbacks and echos and short delays.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Page 1 of 4