Poll: Is Jack Black a singer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is Jack Black a singer?
No
29 10%
Yes
186 62%
Jack Black
83 28%
Voters: 298.
Page 1 of 2
Everyone I talk to says he sucks, but listening to both albums from Tenacious D I think he's actually a damn good singer, even if he sings gag songs, think if he did covers from other bands, like if he released a CD with just covers, that'd be kickass.

Anyone else agree with me that Jack Black is a good singer?
He's pretty decent. Not AMAZING but good enough.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
"Cause the legend of the rent, WAS SO HARDCORE!!! "
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
"Cause the legend of the rent, WAS WAY HARDCORE!!! "

Fixed
I think he's a great singer... Shame he's a ****in' corporate whore and a massive hypocrite.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
yes, as your poll asks, he is in fact a singer
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
in soviet russia jack blacks you
Quote by leonardo.kornuto
You're pretty

ty
Quote by Smokey Amp
I think he's a great singer... Shame he's a ****in' corporate whore and a massive hypocrite.

how is he a hypocrite?

i think hes an amazing singer. tenacious d is a powerhouse band overall
Quote by LazySandman
yes, as your poll asks, he is in fact a singer

Is Jack Black A Singer?
yes
no
jack black

...wtf? u flail i answered jack black for teh lulz
Quote by leonardo.kornuto
You're pretty

ty
Quote by sidvicious182
hes pretty ****ing good. and he has a range.

I was going to mention that, but didn't for some reason. It's one of the main reasons I like him, he can go pretty low as well as pretty high (for his voice). As well as from Low to High in one note change, it's pretty cool. Classico (from Pick of Destiny) is his best song for showcasing his changes and things.

I also like when he doesn't sing, but just vocalizes notes along with the song. He gets the notes perfect while doing that to Classico.
he's not that bad
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by Smokey Amp

it is however rather hilarious...
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
I think he's a great singer, the over the topness kinda matches the humorousness of their music. Wonderboy is also a good example of his voice along with Classico.
He has a mean falsetto, and he has a good chest voice as well. I love his singing in "Wonderboy".
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Anyone who initiates a rock-off against the Devil, who is played by none other than Dave Grohl, is awesome in my book.

Oh, and his singing is good too. Yep.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
He has great range. I like how his style is kinda over the top, because it fits well with the music. Classico is the best song to demonstrate his voice.
Quote by mafropetee
Anyone who initiates a rock-off against the Devil, who is played by none other than Dave Grohl, is awesome in my book.

Oh, and his singing is good too. Yep.

This man speaks the truth
I think he has a great voice. It sounds kind of like a novelty voice at first, just something for fun, but when you hear that big long note in "Tribute", you know the guy's really putting some effort into it.

He may not be the BEST singer ever, but he's definitely got some skills.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Yeah he has a fantastic range and a great sense of humour (that makes any singer better).
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
He's good.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Jack Black is a good, if not amazing singer. The reason Tenacious D are successful is because they are very original. And it rocks.
I think he's amazing, not just because he sounds awesome on the record, but because he has an awesome voice live also, which is where it counts.
Yeah, I've always thought he's pretty good, considering he's not exactly a serious singer. He can certainly hold a tune, and has a good rock 'n' roll sounding voice. Even his range is pretty decent. So yeah, he sings goooood.
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
That video is obviously fake, from the internetz thing to the pirates thing, and all the way to the fake "the more you know" overlap and the last part.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Everyone you talk to fails.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Page 1 of 2