so im having my first gig this saturday! im very excited!! anyone have any tips for me? i think im going to be nervous.... but im just playing the pink panther, little wing, and a metallica song.. some advice would be great!
look at the audience and don't mess up
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
bring an extra geetar, in case some rabid fan eats your main one, or a string breaks. also dont sweat it if you screw up, everyone will still love you thisssssssss much.
So it goes.
dont worry about it that much, the first gig i played i ****ed up so much because i was nervous but afterwards everyone told me how good we sounded. apparently people who dont play guitar dont know what ****ing up sounds like
Deals done with:
lfrz93
mmjohn
dont sweat it if you screw up, just dont stop. keep playing the song all the way through. and yeah take a second geetar that is good advice. oh yeah put on new strings the day b-4 so they will stay in tune for ya. i learned that one the hard way
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
yeah but the thing is..... im playing my gig at a MUSIC STORE LOL im not really worried about messing up just my stage pressence
Have a beer or two before you go on to calm the nerves.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Have a beer or two before you go on to calm the nerves.

im 15........ any other tips to keep the crowd intrsted?
Quote by 4_string_fury
dont worry about it that much, the first gig i played i ****ed up so much because i was nervous but afterwards everyone told me how good we sounded. apparently people who dont play guitar dont know what ****ing up sounds like

REMEMBER THIS. People who don't play guitar tend to be VERY impressed just by the fact that you have the ability to play it - note that playing it extremely WELL isn't mentioned. They're gonna know you're not a god, but they're still going to think you're good. Now if all of the audience plays... Well, you better put on a damn good show!

But seriously I did an improv solo with my school jazz band, it hardly even fit the song. The song was, I think, moondance or something really easy, but I played some random shred thing based on a pentatonic blues scale, I thought it was just ok. I'm not kidding, I had WELL OVER 75 people come tell me how amazing it was, not counting the jazz band and teacher. And like only 120 people attended the concert (small school). Moral of the story? If you've heard my playing, then just remember, "Hey, they think that jackass is great, so I'm like MAB up here!"

You'll be fine. Just try and connect with the audience. And most importantly, HAVE FUN. People forget that and it makes for a terrible show.
Quote by edusty2010
REMEMBER THIS. People who don't play guitar tend to be VERY impressed just by the fact that you have the ability to play it - note that playing it extremely WELL isn't mentioned. They're gonna know you're not a god, but they're still going to think you're good. Now if all of the audience plays... Well, you better put on a damn good show!

But seriously I did an improv solo with my school jazz band, it hardly even fit the song. The song was, I think, moondance or something really easy, but I played some random shred thing based on a pentatonic blues scale, I thought it was just ok. I'm not kidding, I had WELL OVER 75 people come tell me how amazing it was, not counting the jazz band and teacher. And like only 120 people attended the concert (small school). Moral of the story? If you've heard my playing, then just remember, "Hey, they think that jackass is great, so I'm like MAB up here!"

You'll be fine. Just try and connect with the audience. And most importantly, HAVE FUN. People forget that and it makes for a terrible show.

you know whats funny? i played some shred over this jazz song at my jazz band concert.... it fit perfect... and the jazz band teacher said nice work... and my band directer told me i need some work...
but yeah i think ill do good now... i just gotta practice dem pelvic thrusts
Quote by thisismyacc
you know whats funny? i played some shred over this jazz song at my jazz band concert.... it fit perfect... and the jazz band teacher said nice work... and my band directer told me i need some work...
but yeah i think ill do good now... i just gotta practice dem pelvic thrusts

Haha yeah, I was seriously like ****ting my pants after the solo cause it was good and all I guess for only playing for about 8 months at the time, but I pointed back to the director and the audience boomed, it was amazing. Best feeling in the world man! I loved it.

Oh BTW, Pelvic thrust = ftw!!! lol
LOTS OF STAGE PRESENCE.
nothing gets a crowd more excited then the band thrashing around on stage
I'll never forget my first gig. I broke the g string about 4 bars into the first song. For some reason it knocked the entire guitar out of tune too. Good times!
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster