I recently bought this enclosure from smallbear, and I was wondering what material it's made of. I wasn't sure if it was aluminum or steel, so I don't know if I'll be able to drill the holes in it with a hand drill or if I'll need to get something more heavy duty. If anyone knows I'd appreciate some pointers. Thanks,
Here's the link: http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=706
I used a powerdrill on mine, and that still took some time. A hand drill sounds like it'd be very very hard.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
I drilled my yellow coated BB size enclosure with a small cordless drill.I took my time and used my new drill bits and it turned out fine.I used a small bit for pilot holes, and then used the bigger bit and it was no problem.
Quote by Gates67
I drilled my yellow coated BB size enclosure with a small cordless drill.I took my time and used my new drill bits and it turned out fine.I used a small bit for pilot holes, and then used the bigger bit and it was no problem.

smart man there!
Quote by Gates67

+1 on that. that's that way i drilled mine. I'm just one bit too small for my foot switch part so I've gotta go get a new bit for that.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Most of them are aluminum a magnet will tell you. Or steel will be pretty thin and bent to shape, aluminum will be cast. And aluminum is pretty easy to drill. Can be a pain with a hand drill. I just use a drill press.
It's worth mentioning that you'll most often want to use a step drill bit on stompbox enclosures.
Quote by guitar/bass76
It's worth mentioning that you'll most often want to use a step drill bit on stompbox enclosures.

A unibit is an amazing tool for drilling enclosures.