songs to impress people who know little to nothing about guitar i can play for whom the bell tolls, good times bad times, and stuff like that but nothing like soft please the softest ill go is fade to black.
If you want to show off, do Thunderstruck I suppose. Ahh, and whats wrong with soft music.
nothing i love soft music i like some of SOADs soft stuff but for this situation i need something heavy and loud.
Cliffs of Dover and Canon Rock

Not exactly metal but they are awesome songs, my favourite guitar songs. Click the name to hear the song. If you read the comments, you can tell people are really impressed
Quote by Anzath
Cliffs of Dover and Canon Rock

Not exactly metal but they are awesome songs, my favourite guitar songs. Click the name to hear the song. If you read the comments, you can tell people are really impressed

Didn't he just say that he was teh suck at the guitar?
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by BlisteringDDj
Didn't he just say that he was teh suck at the guitar?

If he sucks then he wont impress anyone
Quote by Anzath
If he sucks then he wont impress anyone

Now that's not true. He only has to know 3 chords, have a long fringe and be able to do guitar flips to impress non-guitarists.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by silvadolla
nothing else matters by metallica always impresses people

No, it was never impressing?

TS, if you think Thunderstruck is to hard, it's not. Try it, it might take quite a bit of practice to get used to it, but it's realistic. Hold the G and e string when you do it, so if you hit them they won't ring.

After a while you will be amazed at how easy it actually is.
Smoke on the water using Harmonic chords 8)
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'
you've been playing for 7 to 8 EIGHTS?

Also check out my band Smiles In Sickness
The intro to Sweet Child O' Mine. Instant wows.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Quote by brleealbright
The intro to Sweet Child O' Mine. Instant wows.

try the whole song, it's not that hard...I'm to lazy to learn the solo, which has one pretty hard part in it, the rest is rather intermediate and only requires alternate picking really
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Paranoid by Black Sabbath. Everybody knows it, but It's not hard to play at all
Last edited by 08L1V10N at May 29, 2008,
Quote by Regression
No, it was never impressing?

TS, if you think Thunderstruck is to hard, it's not. Try it, it might take quite a bit of practice to get used to it, but it's realistic. Hold the G and e string when you do it, so if you hit them they won't ring.

After a while you will be amazed at how easy it actually is.

No? He doesn't care about your opinion? This is a subjective matter, so don't try treating this as an objective concept. Frankly, I don't care about your opinion, I'm just trying to give TS an idea, and from my experience Nothing Else Matters has been a winner.
Quote by Wasted Resource
Music should be about expression, not impression, imho.

sigged.
Last edited by Ze_Metal at May 29, 2008,
eruption by van halen impresses ppl who don't play guitar from my experience.

its a lot easier than it sounds too.