ok guys i been practicing and i got 3 questions

first one is about pinch harmonics

im not really sure if what im doing is a pinch harmonics
i know natural harmonics at the 12 fret and all the other spots

i know artificial which you hold one fret with your left hand and the you go the octave and pluck the string with one finger and the other finger on top of the fret to get the harmonic

and now im trying to achieve pinch harmonic but i dont know if im getting an aritificial harmonic because i pick and use the thumb to stop the string and i get a harmonic but only on certain places just like the artificial harmonics can be achieve if you go to the octave

for example if i do pinch harmonics on 543 on any string i have to move my picking hand corresponding to the notes to get clear pinch harmmonics

question is what im doing pinch harmonics?

my 2nd question is sweep picking im trying to get better at rolling the finger but im kind of confused on certain areas

most people practice this with finger already barring 777 and then they do pull off and roll finger acordingly is easy that way because they have finger there and dont have to bother positioning i

but lets say on a song situation instead of exercise when you start playing this piece your finger is not already down barring
you have to put it there my question is how do you position yourself for this do you put your fingers lall at once kind like a chord

like this and the do pull off and roll finger

S  S S S S S  S  S S S S S S  S S S S S S 
--10p-7-------7-10p-7-------7-9p-6-------6-9p
--------7---7---------7---7--------7---7-----
----------7-------------7------------6-------
---------------------------------------------

is kind of hard to explain this question is but how do you tackle this problem

when you roll down is not problem because fingers are naturally curve and you can press it and roll down easily but when you do it upwards like in the exercise i find that the way you put your fingers in the beginning is key or you do a lot of unecessary movement and make it harder on yourself

basically my question for this is how do you tackle this kind of sweeps any advice,tips,video,links?

and last petition does anybody have some sweep with taps that i can practice
any easy ones be apreciate it

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
well the pinch harmonics are okay they just sound weird depending were you pick so your pretty much doing it right
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
there really isnt an easy way to sweep and tap. just keep on doing major and minor triads and extend them w/ other notes. i.e.

--------9-h12-t17-p12-p9---------
----10------------------------10-----
-9---------------------------------9--
---------------------------------------

simple A major triad, just added the tapped A note on the high e string
well what kinda sweep taps are you looking for? if you're looking for the kind where you tap then sweep with the pick check out valley of the damned by dragonforce but if your looking for actual sweep tapping with no picking then check out sea of lies by symphony x
there really isnt an easy way to sweep and tap. just keep on doing major and minor triads and extend them w/ other notes. i.e.

--------9-h12-t17-p12-p9---------
----10------------------------10-----
-9---------------------------------9--

simple A major triad, just added the tapped A note on the high e string

k awesome man thats a cool exercise

well what kinda sweep taps are you looking for? if you're looking for the kind where you tap then sweep with the pick check out valley of the damned by dragonforce but if your looking for actual sweep tapping with no picking then check out sea of lies by symphony x

both if possible
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
wish i could help w/ the whole finger-rolling thing, but i just don't know how to explain it. I just kinda do it. Btw, is that sweep from yngwie's blitzkreig?
wish i could help w/ the whole finger-rolling thing, but i just don't know how to explain it. I just kinda do it. Btw, is that sweep from yngwie's blitzkreig?

yes that songs kicks ass XD

i got a few more question guys can pinch harmoncis be done anywhere on the fretboard i mean like the really high frets such as 15-24?

the only thing i need help is with the rolling and this and i think that covers it XD
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
After the first practice, try this one:

E|---------------10-14-17-14-10-14-10----------------------10-14-17-21-17-14-10------------
H|-----------11------------------------------11--------------11--------------------------------11---------
G|-------12--------------------------------------12------12---------------------------------------12----
D|---12-----------------------------------------------12------------------------------------------------12
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

an start again, move to a different positions, and stay in rhytm. It is actually a quite cool sounding lick to play.

- Fox
After the first practice, try this one:

E|---------------10-14-17-14-10-14-10----------------------10-14-17-21-17-14-10------------
H|-----------11------------------------------11--------------11--------------------------------11---------
G|-------12--------------------------------------12------12---------------------------------------12----
D|---12-----------------------------------------------12------------------------------------------------12
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

an start again, move to a different positions, and stay in rhytm. It is actually a quite cool sounding lick to play.

- Fox

i got it down pretty well for the first part but what messes me up is still the rolling upward i wish someone could explain or give me some tips in how to go about doing them maybe some links, videos, explanation would be helpful
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff