Hey guys, wasn't sure where to really put this, cuz I don't believe it's suited in the "modern rock" section even though this band is modern. someone feel free to move if appropriate.

Anyway, this is an appreciation thread for The Pillbugs. The pillbugs are a mix of psychedelic rock and pop, can be compared to badfinger or xtc.

Their latest cd, Buzz for Aldrin, is so far their best work. I'm not 'endorsing' the band commercially or anything, this is just a fantastic release and its even better than their earlier stuff which is terrific as well. They don't use any loops or samples or digital fx. i.e. orchestral sections are done by real people.

Here are a few full length vids on youtube-

Spaced-Out

Walking Along An Edge of Sky

All In Good Time

Pretend You're Not Home

Does anyone else besides me here know about these guys? They're one of the few modern bands I can listen to today lol
Last edited by Guitar Eater at May 28, 2008,
It sounds really cool, very Beatlesque. But it does belong in the modern rock thread, even though it sounds classic.
Sounds good.

*adds to huge list of bands to check out*

But they belong in Modern Rock, so

***MOVED***

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Wow, enjoyed that. Great recommendation, good old birthday coming up so this will go on the list

If I could find a place to get it...
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Yeah managed to find it in the end, going to have to get that myself at some point I think.
Thanks for the links though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Guitar Eater
they have them at www.proverus.com with song samples from Buzz For Aldrin (their latest) but the official pillbugs site is www.pillbugs.com

*bookmarks*

I'm not sure if anyone else has been on their MySpace page, but it appears as though their bassist died last month from cancer.
Quote by Guitar Eater
yeah they recently replaced him with another good one and theyve already done a couple live shows, i dont know if they plan on making any more albums though, not sure

Really? Well, then, if they ever come by me I'll perhaps go to see them.