what would happen if you were to poor or lazy to get a new pickguard...what would happen if you spraypainted it?!?!?!
you would end up with a spraypainted pickguard lol...

and i don't think it'd wear off unless you rubbed it... besides if you're too cheap to buy a new one, who cares?
the paint would definently ware off my friend did it and the paint where his hand rested was worn off in less than a week. it could look very bad too because the paint would be extreamly glossy and it wouldent loook "natural" on the guitar. also if you are an "amature" painter it would look bad because of the un even paint. with the cost of paint it would only be a few more bucks anyways for the pickguard because you would need several layers and if you aere going to do it right you would put on some clearcoat.

ALSO forget about cleaning the pickguard off. any sort of cleaner solvent would eat away the paint.

some music stores have a section in the back where you can buy used pickguards that are in very nice shape.
i bought a used one for my jazz bass because of how old it was it wouldent look right to put a brand new pickguard on a somewhat "worn" looking bass

my opinion is just wait the more money/time/effort you put into your guitar the more you will get back!
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
I would advise against it because when you strum the pickguard *guards* the wood from being scratched. If you spraypaint it, the paint won't stand a chance against the pick, and it will look like crap.
I bet it'd look cool slightly faded
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
spray paint would work fine, but you should put a few coats of clearcoat on after the paint so it doesn't wear off
Quote by sincewhen??
You LastAuramancer ....Are a GOD
Quote by LastAuramancer
spray paint would work fine, but you should put a few coats of clearcoat on after the paint so it doesn't wear off

This is correct, all the other posts saying it would wear off or fade are only true if you don't finish the job. A few coats of clear and it's no different than it was before. I've sprayed a pickguard before and it still looks no different than any other as far as wear, it is scratched, but all of mine are, they're scratchplates.