I have an Ibanez RG 5EX1, that I just recently borrowed from my friend. It has the double tuning thing, and it comes with a whammy bar. Whenever I tune it perfectly, after I play it for about 5 minutes maybe, the 6th E string goes out of tune. Can anyone help me and tell me why this is happening? And what should I do to prevent this from always happening.

Its really annoying since I can't even play without it going out of tune!
thanks.
well, if the strings are new, make sure you stretch them, or they will go out of tune for a while like that.

always stretch fresh strings.

it could also be that your tuning heads are loose so check that too and the thing (i dont know what its called) that you wrap the strings around on the headstock.

if that isnt it, im not sure.
No the strings arent new. I think they were on the guitar for maybe over a year? My friend doesnt really play the guitar, it just sits there. I think I've used it more than her in the 5 days I've had it haha. But I've tightened all the screws on it. I just dont know whats wrong!
Quote by RachelBREEE
No the strings arent new. I think they were on the guitar for maybe over a year? My friend doesnt really play the guitar, it just sits there. I think I've used it more than her in the 5 days I've had it haha. But I've tightened all the screws on it. I just dont know whats wrong!

Maybe the fact that the guitar has just sat there gathering dust for a year. Change the strings on it and it should be fine, no promises though.
by double tuning thing do you mean it has a locking nut?

if it does, tighten it.

otherwise, check to make sure he twisted it round the capstan before he put it through.

or just buy a new string, it might be giving out.
yeah it has the locking nut thing. thats what its called haha. thanks! Well the strings arent that warn out, well at least doesnt seem like it. Whats a capstan? I've never used a double tuning guitar before, I'm use to play my schecter haha. But I broke that :| grrrr.
capstan's the bit of the tuning peg that the string goes round and through. if he didn't twist it round once before he put it through the hole the string can have a tendancy to slip.