Hey so I talk about region rock and how the south had/has one of the best punk rock scenes in the world.... cos it does, and I wouldn't live here still if I didn't think that... but I also haven't been everywhere yet so I honestly can't say that with 100% authority. But my friend Buddha put up a website that's testament to the great history of punk rock in the south. Checkitout:

www.regionrockrecords.com

It's being updated rather frequently with great classic hard-to-find southern punk rock 7"s.

I highly recommend; Queer Wulf, Forced Vengence, Hello ****ty People and Jack Palance Band
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Wow, that's sweet. Looks like I'll be busy for a while.

EDIT: Oh, haha. I'm guessing you also post on the PIX forum.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Last edited by Ska Wars at May 28, 2008,
It really depends on what you define as "south". You see I live in the state where old people go to die, and all there is here is a bunch of kids who grew up in suburbia hell and now they wanna be "punks" cause mommy buys them everything they ever wanted, oh and there's skin heads and homeless people. But yeah my whole point is Florida is south and there is little to no punk scene here.
Uhh, ever heard of Gainesville?
Quote by Iaremuzakplayir
It really depends on what you define as "south". You see I live in the state where old people go to die, and all there is here is a bunch of kids who grew up in suburbia hell and now they wanna be "punks" cause mommy buys them everything they ever wanted, oh and there's skin heads and homeless people. But yeah my whole point is Florida is south and there is little to no punk scene here.

Miami used to have one of the biggest punk scenes in the country. There's great punk scenes in Orlando, Pensacola, Gainesville and all over Florida. I haven't been to St. Augustine yet but i hear it's kickin'.

I live in Alabama and love it, we've got a great punk scene here.
Quote by Ska Wars
Wow, that's sweet. Looks like I'll be busy for a while.

EDIT: Oh, haha. I'm guessing you also post on the PIX forum.

Do you post on the PIX boards?
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
I just registered a few days ago, my user name is Prettier Than Bowie. Do you post there?
Yeah, I'm WeAreStillAlive.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
It seems like you guys have a pretty awesome scene down there. I actually never expected the south to have a punk scene until I joined UG and saw you post whyvern. You definitely proved me wrong. I might order a few 7"s when I have the money. The south would be a pretty awesome place to live except I wouldn't be able to snowboard .
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at May 28, 2008,
glad y'all like it. Please give Buddha some feedback by leaving comments or e-mailing him.
St.Augustine? Seriously? My parents own a house there. (real estate used to be way, way, way cheaper) If there's a good scene there I may have some interest in going for the first time in years.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by whyvern
Miami used to have one of the biggest punk scenes in the country. There's great punk scenes in Orlando, Pensacola, Gainesville and all over Florida. I haven't been to St. Augustine yet but i hear it's kickin'.

I live in Alabama and love it, we've got a great punk scene here.

I was wasted and pissed off this morning, yeah Florida does have a pretty good punk scene despite the old people and skinheads
Do not sample the frosting, it is mercury, you will die

"We're very sorry but we've agreed, you have to die" - Ozzy Osborne

Beer is good Beer is great, there is no brew that I hate. Hell, even if it's warm I will not hesitate.