K my band cant find a vocalist around where i live so i wanna give it a shot. Anyone who has tips on how to do Black Metal/Death Metal Vocals i would appreciate I dont want to do Nile or anything. More like Kalmah or In Flames but i LOVE the vocals from Graveworm's Fear Of The Dark Cover. If anyone also knows what style vocals those are i would be very thankful (My Guess Is Black Metal?) I also love Graveworm style vocals!
Quote by Heckinsweeper33
K my band cant find a vocalist around where i live so i wanna give it a shot. Anyone who has tips on how to do Black Metal/Death Metal Vocals i would appreciate I dont want to do Nile or anything. More like Kalmah or In Flames but i LOVE the vocals from Graveworm's Fear Of The Dark Cover. If anyone also knows what style vocals those are i would be very thankful (My Guess Is Black Metal?) I also love Graveworm style vocals!

You're going to get horrible advice here. 90% of the people giving it don't know what they're doing.

Look up false cords, learn how to use them, get The Zen of Screaming. Anyone can do the physical process of growling, but, like singing, theres no promise you'll sound any good. It's done by using your false vocal cords to get a growl.
In flames is more melodic death metal. Ask around other musician forums that have ones dedicated to vocals, there are a good amount of teachers aroudn that can teach you how to do that stuff.
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition