I have a Jackson JS30KV King V ($300) and I play thru a line 6 spider II (soon a marshall valvestate) and play metal. Here's the problem, the bridge pickup is muddy, the notes aren't clear. They sound horrible, but when I play my brothers Peavey Rotor EX, it sounds way better. So I want to change my bridge pickup to get a cleaner sound but still heavy like a megadeth kind of tone, not to high gainy but still metal oh, and SUSTAIN. What kind of PASSIVE bridge pickup should I get? No emg's or active.
Whaaaat!!!!!!
duncan jb and jazz
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
DiMarzio Superdistortions or X2N. Also, don't get the Valvestate - it only has one channel and really doesn't sound great for what it should be.

I was initially going to get one over my present amp (which sucks more) but when I borrowed one from my friend I was totally turned off. You'd think "Ooh, it has a tube in it! It must be good!" but that's not the case.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
DiMarzio Superdistortions or X2N. Also, don't get the Valvestate - it only has one channel and really doesn't sound great for what it should be.

I was initially going to get one over my present amp (which sucks more) but when I borrowed one from my friend I was totally turned off. You'd think "Ooh, it has a tube in it! It must be good!" but that's not the case.

+1

Having a single 12AX7 in the preamp makes pretty much no difference.
valvestates are only really good at high volumes (turned up to 11)
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL