I'll practice for a couple of hours, and be really warm, loose, and relaxed and playing pretty much at my peak. And then I'll get up and go eat/watch TV for 20 minutes and come back to the guitar and find that I don't feel like that anymore; I feel more cold and tense again. Seems like it'll take 20 more minutes of re-warming up just to get back to where I was. Why do I lose it so fast? It seems like musicians on stage take breaks at least that long sometimes.

Just kind of frustrated right now.
cuz you're still a noob, no joke. after a long while, the magnitude of your first-touch suckage will diminish
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
yeah dont watch tv or eat food until u are done with practice
sounds pretty simple to me
gee, why do my teeth hurt when I chew aluminum foil, I don't know, uh, maybe stop chewing aluminum foil!

P.S. Earth to boob, I mean noob, your not a rock star on tour, and does it seriously take you 2 hours to warm up...

Whatever, nevermind me, I'm not in a good mood.
Those responses look pretty serious to me.
lol

Dude, once you get eat and stuff
You lose the feel.
It's as simple as that.
You can't just can't keep this magical feel all day long.
It comes from when you just get that adrenaline in your body and you just wanna jam.

I really don't understand why you posted a thread about it though.
It's just that you don't keep that state of mind all day long.
Pretty easy to figure out... lol
That's why you got such hilarious responses
Jesus could we not attack the guy. It happens to me sometimes too. It gets kinda proportional though. The better you get while you're warmed up, the less you'll suck when cold.

Don't worry about, just keep playing, it gets better.
Gibson.
I get what you mean about "the zone" but for me "the zone" is a specific time of the day probably due to my body clock. 8pm-12pm which is handy as thats when gigs are usually on. lol.

Try washing your hands in hot water before you play, gets the blood going.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Unless you're eating chilli's or watching Dr Phil, taking a break to eat or watch TV is going to take you out of the zone. Your brain thinks you're done for the day. That's why I set out a time period just for guitar without interruptions. That and learn to get in the zone quickly, so you can pick up and play easier.
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']Those responses look pretty serious to me.
lol

You lose the feel.
It's as simple as that.
It comes from when you just get that adrenaline in your body and you just wanna jam.

That's why you got such hilarious responsespretty much, your mind gets taken off the guitar. plain and simple.
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
I know what you mean, Kind of like when you are jacking off and then your mom calls you....Yeah, it takes me a while to get back into "The Zone" too...
I get the same. Over time I've figured out what gets me sufficiently warmed up the fastest and just do that. Although my teacher and I'd imagine most advanced players don't really need to warm up any more.

For me warming up now is a couple minutes running over scales with the metronome and then I find I'm loosey goosey and full of juice-y.
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']Those responses look pretty serious to me.
lol

You lose the feel.
It's as simple as that.

That's why you got such hilarious responses

He's right...