would it be the right amp for me? well i mean the style i play which would be killswitch engage, iron maiden, some ozzy, as blood runs black oh and also a bad religion?? i've tried it once at guitar center but i couldn't really hear good cus some basterd was playing next to me on a damn mg
would there be any other choices?? list some if so thanks
ƒuck your nuts
I got the B-52 At-100 half stack and I really like it. It's like a mesa boogies retarded little gimped out brother that cant stop playing with its penis. Its rectifier tube gives it that mesa like tone.
There was a cosmetically shredded 212 at the local GC Monday when I went in for strings, which they had listed at 299, right next to a brand new one, for like 599. Just out curiosity I plugged in to both, and it really was cosmetic damage only, though it really looked like Freddy Krueger had gotten to it. I hope somebody took advantage of it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by The_Rooster
It's like a mesa boogies retarded little gimped out brother that cant stop playing with its penis.

I don't know about all that man......

It's not a Mesa, and nothing about the amp seems gimped out or retarded...

It's a great amp, and better than most that are double it's price(depending on taste of course)..

It definitely gets some Rectoesque tones on the dirt channels, and I've actually seen guys match very closely next to a recto with this thing... Just not 'quite' there..

Brilliant cleans though, and in my opinion the cleans are better than the rectos

It's a very versatile and quality amp...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at May 28, 2008,
I was just trying to state that is most comparable to a Mesa rectifier cause the B-52 itself in fact has a rectifier tube in it. It just doesnt have mesa's name attached to it. Even though it can get close to mesa tones. It is a high gain brightly voiced amp with 2 channels the 2 gain share the same EQ though. And a contour knob for a boosted mids or scooped mids although i think it sounds warmer without the contour engaged. A nice reverb also not too thick but its not thin either. Master volume and each channel has its own volume. ect. Its got alot of nice feature and mine seems to be built like a tank. I gig with it a bit and it holds up well.
Uh yeah it will be a good amp for what you play. Just put some duct tape on it and you'll be fine.
Quote by The_Rooster
I was just trying to state that is most comparable to a Mesa rectifier cause the B-52 itself in fact has a rectifier tube in it. It just doesnt have mesa's name attached to it. Even though it can get close to mesa tones. It is a high gain brightly voiced amp with 2 channels the 2 gain share the same EQ though. And a contour knob for a boosted mids or scooped mids although i think it sounds warmer without the contour engaged. A nice reverb also not too thick but its not thin either. Master volume and each channel has its own volume. ect. Its got alot of nice feature and mine seems to be built like a tank. I gig with it a bit and it holds up well.

the rectifier series doesn't get their tone from having rectifier tubes. the single rectifier doesn't actually have rectifier tubes. plenty of amps have rectifier tubes and sound nothing like rectos. the reason why people refer the b-52's as a 'poor man's recto' is because the voicing is similar.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by The_Rooster
Just put some duct tape on it and you'll be fine.

what??
ƒuck your nuts
I say go for it. Make sure to pick up a noise gate sometime, you'll need it (ISP Decimator!)

Oh, and change the tubes out. It comes stock with chinese ones
Gear:
Jackson RR3
B-52 AT-212
Roland Micro Cube
MXR 10-Band EQ
Korg Pitchblack
ISP Decimator
T.C. Electronic Nova Delay

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free. -Bill Hicks
Quote by meanppls7
whats wrong with the chinese tubes?

They're a little microphonic and aren't the greates quality.. A Tube replacement is a good idea, although it sounds killer even with the stock tubes. As with anything, if you put higher quality components in, the results are usually better quality.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator