alright...well i joined this band and the ****s played in drop c... and i had really high guaged strings that wouldnt stay in tune so i took a 60g e string, used it for the e, then used the old e string as the a string, the old a string as the d string ect. the high e is a b string.

im pretty sure the original low e is a 46...
can that fk up my neck or what?
No.
Wait..
Truss rod adjustments, then no.
Signatures are overrated.
Doesn't change a thing whether it's neck through or not.
Signatures are overrated.
I think a truss rod adjustment would have solved the problem in the first place. I'm not saying it's bad to use the gauge you are, but I use 11's and drop C is never a problem.
Quote by codyshredfoo
i was using 9-46

Gotcha. Yea 9s would be pretty loose if you're in a drop C. I'd suggest just picking up a pack of 11s or 12s and see if that helps out. That seems a lot more practical than mixing the gauges all up. Set your action up properly, and go from there. If you're still having problems, then maybe a truss rod adjustment is necessary. BUT a truss rod adjustment should be the last step in setting up your guitar for a drop tuning.

My Hellraiser came stock with 9's. I threw some 11s on it, tinkered with the action to eliminate fret buzz, b/c I tune in drop C too. Haven't had any problems yet.
ha, yeah i was broke so i just did that. i think im just gonna take it in to a pro and have him set it up
Quote by codyshredfoo
ha, yeah i was broke so i just did that. i think im just gonna take it in to a pro and have him set it up

Probably a good idea.
Doesn't matter whether it is bolt on, neck through, set neck or it's coming out of your ass. To be honest i think it could **** it up but I'm no guitar tech.

Take it to a tech.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
Doesn't matter whether it is bolt on, neck through, set neck or it's coming out of your ass. To be honest i think it could **** it up but I'm no guitar tech.

Take it to a tech.

I agree with him. To be honest I don't think it will be that big of a problem, but take it to a guitar tech just to be sure.
and while you're at the guitar tech, have him put the heavier strings on and adjust the action and intonation accordingly. Because going from 9's to 11's there's bound to be some fretbuzz or some other problems.
Quote by Revhain
and while you're at the guitar tech, have him put the heavier strings on and adjust the action and intonation accordingly. Because going from 9's to 11's there's bound to be some fretbuzz or some other problems.

no...it still plays like butter... no noise, the intonation is off tho, ima go get dat fixed
Roland V-guitar system for the win

but thats like 1 grand.

but I love the down-tune and drop function =3
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK