Page 2 of 3
no offense but the rg prestige aint got nuthin on the s prestge i think the s prestige should be the guitar of the month. again no offense the rg is still nice.
nice review but the gitar is better I must to buy an Ibanez !! ]:->
...Bike And Metal Forever...
Ive got the Ibanez RG321 and i am very happy with it. Nice review! The Ibanez Prestige is a fine model to play with. It's Sound is superheavy and this guitar is all ready to become 1 of the heavyst guitars on earth xD.. That is my opinion!
Arent we august?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Since I've been banned for the past month, I will now answer your questions

Quote by pinback
Hi, I'm just curious why you stringed it through in reverse?

It is stringed in reverse because when you string most Floyd Rose style trems, you have to cut the ball endings. Rather than doing that, I just fed it through reverse.

Quote by yo soy baller
no offense but the rg prestige aint got nuthin on the s prestge i think the s prestige should be the guitar of the month. again no offense the rg is still nice.

I had actually planned on buying one of the newer 24 Fret S Prestiges before I bought this, but this thing just utterly destroyed it. This is coming from someone who was NOT in anyway a fan of RGs before I bought the guitar.

As a matter of fact, I'm actually selling my Strat and SG now because I just simply don't use them anymore and they can't match up to the sound quality of the RG.

Quote by LP_CL
Arent we august?

I guess no one buys new guitars on here... Or everyone's too lazy to do a GOTM
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
welcome back.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by MatrixClaw
I guess no one buys new guitars on here... Or everyone's too lazy to do a GOTM

Then I'll do one of my '89 Clapton Strat. HA!

*starts taking pictures*

EDIT: I really cba
Last edited by minibrowny at Aug 25, 2008,
I just got an RG2550oz today and I've been paying it off for the last three months

TOTALLY WORTH THE WAIT!!
Quote by Code-E
I just got an RG2550oz today and I've been paying it off for the last three months

TOTALLY WORTH THE WAIT!!

Haha, sweet!

I get my Edwards (hopefully) this week. I can't wait!

Ima probably do a GOTM on it too since this ones been up forever and a lot of people on here are really interested in the Edwards guitars lately.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
you've ordered an edwards? sweet- i haven't ordered any more as the pound's value versus the yen has more or less died...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
nice review, the only thing i have to say is i dont like the ibanez version on the floyd rose, i much rather prefer a schaller, my dean razorback v had a licensed piece of crap and i replaced it
Gear
Dean: Razorback V STD
Peavey: MP Signature Series
Yamaha: APX-4A
Drive: Wildfire
Pyle Pro: PPGW-1040
Behringer: Firebird GX 108
Quote by Dave_Mc
you've ordered an edwards? sweet- i haven't ordered any more as the pound's value versus the yen has more or less died...

Well... I wanted to buy new but I found a great deal on one that was the same series as the one I wanted, just a Sunburst color instead of black. Plus, it looks brand new and comes with case...

Quote by korin_kun
nice review, the only thing i have to say is i dont like the ibanez version on the floyd rose, i much rather prefer a schaller, my dean razorback v had a licensed piece of crap and i replaced it

Really? The Lo-Pro Edge is by far the best Floyd-style trem I've ever used. I much prefer it over any OFRs I've used *shrug.*
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Well... I wanted to buy new but I found a great deal on one that was the same series as the one I wanted, just a Sunburst color instead of black. Plus, it looks brand new and comes with case...

haha, yeah, the gigbag i got with mine is pretty crappy.

which model did you get, a lp copy?
Quote by Dave_Mc
haha, yeah, the gigbag i got with mine is pretty crappy.

which model did you get, a lp copy?

I didn't know you had an Edwards!

I got an E-LP-92SD in Vintage Honeyburst. I put a picture of it up on my profile, it's the guy's picture that I bought it from, hasn't gotten here yet
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
ah, i think i have the same thing (same colour too) but from the lacquer taste series.

and yeah, i've had an edwards for about 6 months, i think. I got in just in time, before the pound plumetted (though i should really have ordered another one or two before it went down, i'd been thinking about them for about 4 months before i actually got round to ordering one )...
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah, i think i have the same thing (same colour too) but from the lacquer taste series.

and yeah, i've had an edwards for about 6 months, i think. I got in just in time, before the pound plumetted (though i should really have ordered another one or two before it went down, i'd been thinking about them for about 4 months before i actually got round to ordering one )...

Oh cool!

Yeah I was only really looking at the 92 because I wanted Black with White binding, and that was the only series that offered it without EMGs, but I'll settle for the Honeyburst, I just want a Les Paul again!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I Got an Ibanez just like that one and i got a floyd rose 2 and i got 3 pickups though but yea that guitar plays great for any style of music.
I just bought an sapphire blue Ibanez RGA321F, still can't get over how beautiful this guitar is. Took a big risk buying this having only played one for 5 minutes a year ago but as soon as I picked it up and plugged it in I knew I'd made the right choice. Sound wise it ain't too versatile because of the HH config, but I still have my strat for da blues, the Ibby takes care of everything else
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
I want one of these so bad! I wish they where still in production.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65

There was a guy over at Harmony-Central selling one a week ago, I almost bought it, but then I found my Edwards
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Received my RG3120TW two days ago, one of the best guitars I've ever played (and it's not black!). Really prefer the Wizard Prestige necks over the Original Wizard, which IMO is just way too flat.
Quote by stonyman65

Well Ibby got that RG3???Z whatever with that abalone stripe at $1800 new a piece

I bought myself the RG520, which is almost the same as the RG3120 except Ibanez stock pickups, an Edge bridge, flame maple that's barely visible (ugly brown so thats ok ) and cheaper. I don't mind having a 3120 too.
id stand on that
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Oh wow, mahogany! Bet that thing sounds nice and fat.

My bassword RG 320DX(pic in profile) looks aesthetically identical to that one (minus binding), but the sound if undoubtfully inferior on my side....

Congrats on a great new guitar
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
*Drools*

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by BonnyTylerMoore
Your Guitar Is Uber Gay!!!!

Thanks!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
There was a guy over at Harmony-Central selling one a week ago, I almost bought it, but then I found my Edwards

Which do you like better, the Ibanez or Edwards. I know they are pretty different, but still.
Quote by yoyodunno
Which do you like better, the Ibanez or Edwards. I know they are pretty different, but still.

Well, I've been playing a lot of things in drop tunings again lately and my Ibanez is set in Standard tuning. I did notice that the Ibanez didn't have quite as much balls through my Ampeg VH-140C as the Edwards does, but I'm not sure if that's just because it may be an amp that performs better with drop tunings.

They both sounded great through my Road King though.

As far as versatility, the Ibanez is, surprisingly, the more versatile of the two and I prefer the pickups in it as they have a wider variety of sounds on any amount of gain. The bridge pickup on the Edwards I love for just about everything, but the neck isn't really my thing with high gain, for cleans and light overdrive it sounds nice and fat though.

The Edwards does have a bigger bottom end though, which could be because of the routing for the trem on the Ibanez, though holding both in each hand, the Ibanez feels heavier. Both are great though for sure, either one mixed with my Jackson RR5 really rounds out the sound and fills eachother in, I was never really a fan of Alder body guitars until the RR5, same goes with V shapes
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Ibanez20th
Those aren't locking studs. Locking studs are in the body and hold the bridge posts in place. They are what you use the small allen wrench to unlock in the middle of your posts before you adjust the height.

Oh same thing, you know what I mean
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com