Hi,

After much deliberation (about 5 minutes) I am decided that i'm going to get myself a DSL50. I currently have an MG100HDFX (I know, the shame ) and want a real amp! I have spoken to someone at the place I shall be buying from and he tells me that my 4x12 (MG412) cabinet would be more than enough.

Is this going to be the case? Obviously I know there are better cabs out there but how compromised will my sound be? It is a 100 watt speaker so i'm sure it wouldn't grumble but is this the case or not?

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I'm at work, i'm new and I am in a rush!

Ta...
Elaborate on crap... How will it sound poor? I'm not arguing the case for my cab, more I just want to know how to get a decent sound without making myself poor!

In which case, what cab would you recommend?
If you got an Mg 412, The speakers;
A) Would be Deigned for that amp.
B) That amp is Solidstate(Transistor), where as a DSL is Tube, and has its own cab made for it.
So i think you'll find that running that cub through the Dsl will not sound as close to a matched pair, But the cab will still work either way.
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
Ah okay cool cheers mate.

Think what I will do is get the head now and then the cab in a few months. Thanks again!
Quote by fastfretjazz
If you got an Mg 412, The speakers;
A) Would be Deigned for that amp.
B) That amp is Solidstate(Transistor), where as a DSL is Tube, and has its own cab made for it.
So i think you'll find that running that cub through the Dsl will not sound as close to a matched pair, But the cab will still work either way.

There's no such thing as a ''matched cab'', msot cabs have cheap speakers or Vintage 30's stock
^^This man speaks truth
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge